Re: The Best Choice I Ever Made...song I started on, feel free to critique

I did get to play this for the neighbors who I wrote this for.  Sorry for any confusion, but I don't have a wife; just a special girl who lives with me as my wife; just not married in the eyes of the government.  This was written for the neighbors after a conversation with them.   When I played it for them, she cried and got a little emotional.  I played it around the campfire just the other night and everybody there liked it also.  Always nice to get the seal of approval from MKM and the "Old Doll".  Thanks Lena and Amy and everybody else.  A little inspired to try something else; maybe soon.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

just listened to both your numbers GREAT Bass Viking your a star keep it up

Life is but a journey that I don't want to end, that now my day's with D and my guitar I spend.

ps on my last comment would you mind if played it to my wife will tell her you wrote it promise, roger

Life is but a journey that I don't want to end, that now my day's with D and my guitar I spend.

29 (edited by Old Doll 2010-06-01 16:34:44)

Bass Viking wrote:

I did get to play this for the neighbors who I wrote this for.  Sorry for any confusion, but I don't have a wife; just a special girl who lives with me as my wife; just not married in the eyes of the government.  This was written for the neighbors after a conversation with them.   When I played it for them, she cried and got a little emotional.  I played it around the campfire just the other night and everybody there liked it also.  Always nice to get the seal of approval from MKM and the "Old Doll".  Thanks Lena and Amy and everybody else.  A little inspired to try something else; maybe soon.

Bass Viking.

Theres your material right there for your next song ! Your Special Girl" She will be so pleased as i have been over the years when
friends and family wrote songs about me..

I look forward to  reading this project sir.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

rogerjamtill wrote:

ps on my last comment would you mind if played it to my wife will tell her you wrote it promise, roger

I would be honored if you would play it for your wife!  Thanks for all the good comments.  Lena, maybe I will just do something with that line about my special girl -- Thanks,  Jim

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Bass Viking wrote:

She picks my dirty clothes up off of the floor
makes me breakfast on the weekend morns
She ain't my wife
but she sure is my Special Girl  smile

So sweet that the neighbor wife got emotional ... so nice to be able to hit home and make someone feel that special something with your words and music!  Fantastic feeling isn't it?  Big ole pats on the back and CONGRATS!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

hi all have only just signed up and am impressed with the level of support you guys all give each other, i don`t even know if any of my details will show on this so, i`m paul in the uk: chordie name solo. also i have made a version of "ballad of serenity" for the firefly fans but it looks like i can`t post it , am i correct or confused?? thanks guys keep up the excellent work

ps good on you jim / bass viking nothing stirs the soul like good art, acting, or music and lyrics, pleased for you.

Hi Paul and welcome to Chordie!  Yes, everyone here is really quite friendly, supportive, and helpful.  Music lovers helping one another out.  Glad to see you've jumped right in and commented... keep it up and be sure to read the stickies at the top of each section.  I'll send you an email so as not to hijack Jim's thread with "rules"!  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

hi jim i can't fault you on this song,getting what you paid for,i myself like a good bargain and ive had mine for 36yrs and she's a real treasure,great song....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool