1 (edited by wlbaye 2010-05-16 13:35:14)

Topic: "Just hangin Out"

Yesterday , I went to the local guitar store to kill a little time and it was very busy , a young fella had a couple a friends there helping him pick out a guitar. He didn't know how to play so his friend was playing the guitar that they had decided on. He was really a good player , playing some acoustic blues stuff really loud and very good. I was just hangin out enjoying all the action. There was also some electric players playing in the other room.

The young fella decided on the Ibanez acoustic and they were at the counter paying and buying accessories and the friend was hanging on to his new guitar. I was at the back of the shop playing a Martin 000-28 Eric Clapton Model. I was noodlin around and I was playing Freight Train. The fella holding the guitar gave me a Freight Train response back with his guitar. So I started it from the top and he come back and played.

I then played Mr. Bojangles and my new friend played lead and Wow did he sound good. I sang the entire song and gave him a couple of solo breaks , we had a nice little crowd watching. The young guy that was getting the new guitar watched and you could just see his excitement and I am sure , hoping he could do this with his guitar some day. He was just beaming, we finished up with the song , he handed the young man his guitar and said we better get going. They went out the door and he was smiling and shaking his head as they headed out.

It was so cool seeing the new guitar buyer watching as we played. He was smiling from ear to ear just lovin it. Great to see the excitement of people just ready to start their journey.

Seems the greatest moments are the ones that just happen, you can't plan them.

Later, Wayne P

Re: "Just hangin Out"

You are right.  You can't plan a moment like that.  It sounds like everyone had a good time.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Right on Wayne smile

Spur of the moment times like that are the best.

Great Story

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Awesome!

Epiphone EJ200  -  Epiphone SG400  -  Fender Strat Blacktop.
Blackstar HT 40 Club  -  Vox VT30 - Behringer ACX ultracoustic 1000

Good on ya, Wayne. You were able to add to that young man's special day and inspire - making a wonderful memory for you and two others.:cool:

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

That's really a neat-o story Wayne.  I'm sure that new guitar player will be telling that story for the rest of his life!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Sweet.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude