Topic: "Halelujah" No local band Just Me

I thought I would try out the new Forum and test the water smile

I recorded this video with my new Presonus Audiobox USB interface and it's my first video using it. I just used my Zoom Q3 for the video and synced the audio to it. I tryed several recordings and ended up miking my Fender Ultralight Acoustasonic with a shure KSM-27 . The vocal mic is a Seinnheiser 845 , I really like it and was recommended by Southpaw41. The guitar used was a Martin HD-28 with a LR Baggs I-Beam pickup.

Anyway I did this because my Wife requested it and I wanted to see if I could do it. So here is my attempt at

"Hallelujah"  by Leonard Cohen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYGokyMlNFU

Later, Wayne P

Re: "Halelujah" No local band Just Me

I liked it, I really, really liked it!  Smooth, soothing, very nice job!  More, more.  If momma aint happy, nobodys happy.  I think momma should be happy.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Great song choice, Wayne. My wife digs that song too. My niece sang it at her church gig and recommended it to me. It's a chick magnet.
Seinnheiser mics appear to be primo. I see big name stars use them on U-Tube.
Left a comment on U-Tube.
I enjoyed your video very much, sir. Please keep 'em coming. You got it going on.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Thanks Bass, & Toots,

I didn't know the lyrics very well and struggled with this song and did more takes than I ever have to get it recorded. My wife didn't really like it so I will work on it some more.

Yes, Tuba ,
I really like the Seinnheiser Mic , I have been using it for a couple years, I previously used a SM58 and is a good vocal mic. I do like the Seinnheiser mic better tho

THanks Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

Wayne, you did that just BEAUTIFULLY!  Lizzie sure is a lucky lady to have you playing and singing her requests so wonderfully!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Real nice work on this Wayne big_smile

All those re-takes made it worthwhile cause the bottom line is....Ya Done good.
You picked a great song to cover and can't see too much more room for improvement.

Two Thumbs Up my Friend big_smile

Cheers

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Great as always Wayne.....You're wife's being too critical! If it helps, I can post some of my stuff so she'll appreciate your work more... way more!!! smile

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Thanks Amy !

mekidsmom wrote:

Wayne, you did that just BEAUTIFULLY!  Lizzie sure is a lucky lady to have you playing and singing her requests so wonderfully!  smile

Later, Wayne P

Thanks Kenny, I am finally getting my new recording software figured out a little at a time, so don't give up on yours. I wish I could help you. I know how frustrating it is.

KAP54 wrote:

Real nice work on this Wayne big_smile

All those re-takes made it worthwhile cause the bottom line is....Ya Done good.
You picked a great song to cover and can't see too much more room for improvement.

Two Thumbs Up my Friend big_smile

Cheers

Kenny

Later, Wayne P

10 (edited by wlbaye 2010-05-26 12:51:54)

Thanks Geo,
Lizzie is very supportive and gives very constructive advice, she is not a musicain but has a very good ear. I think she is right
I need to get the song down better and play it with a little more conviction. She said it was ok , just didn't do it for her, and that's Ok , I like constructive criticism.  Better than one Youtube response I got "TOTAL S&*T". That makes a guy feel lower than pond scum sad

geoaguiar wrote:

Great as always Wayne.....You're wife's being too critical! If it helps, I can post some of my stuff so she'll appreciate your work more... way more!!! smile

Later, Wayne P