Topic: How did this happen?!?!?!?

Evening all,

Soooooo, I've been messing about with guitar for about 4, almost 5 years now. I've added some vocals to this too, as soon as I possibly could. I love singing and playing so everything is great.

However, I now find myself in the massively intriguing position of having been given the position of frontman of a Glasgow based band called theCore. The band are long running and very well rounded. The prospect of fronting up the band is v exciting.

I've talked about this sort of thing many many times and I genuinely can't believe it's actually here. I can honestly say that without the support and advice of all members of chordie I genuinely would not have had the bottle to go for this. So thank you a million times to all those who have read, contributed, participated or even just read the posts in the forum. Your input is greatly appreciated.

I'll keep everyone posted re gigs and outings etc. I just wanted to say a big thank you for all the feedback and assistance over the past few years. This is easily the best guitar site on the net and the friendliest community I've ever been glad enough to be part of.

Cheers everyone, and welcome to theCore!!!!!!

Mark

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

Re: How did this happen?!?!?!?

Congrats man smile I can only imagine how excited you are! From what I've seen of your covers, you've earned it smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Congratulations Mark. I hope you enjoy the experience. I'll be in Scotland in September so if I get a chance I'll come and check out the band.
Cheers,
Stephen.

Epiphone DR500
Taylor 710Ce-Ltd
Epiphone SG400
Fender Squier CV50 Telecaster

Tear it up big-shot!  Woo-hoo!!!

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Good on you mate, go for it. I'm envious.
All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

About time too Mark. There is a quality to your voice that I have always admired, I am very pleased for you and know you will do well. I am looking forward to hearing about your exploits in this new venture during the next weeks and months.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Mark, All the best in your new venture. Here in Turkey I have a neihbour and very good friend Jim who is Scottish, he also plays guitar and we have many hours playing guitar together. We do a few gigs, so I know the feeling, but we love it. He comes back to scotland once a year so on he's next visit you'll have to let me know where your playing and I'll send him to see you. regards Roger

Life is but a journey that I don't want to end, that now my day's with D and my guitar I spend.

Congrats Mark big_smile

Ya got a unique  and distinctive voice that I have always enjoyed listening to.  All those blisters paid off eh.
It's no longer a hobby for you so have fun with it and it'll have fun with you.
Looking forwards to some good stories in the gig section.

Cheers smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I aint one bit surprised Budwiser,

You have the passion young man for music. I recognised  this the first time i heard you play and sing.

May it be a long and happy musical melody road for you.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Gaun yersel, Mark. Proud of you.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Way to go Mark! I'm looking forward to hearing some theCore's music.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

You're on your way! Congrats man, your stuff has always been top notch.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Very kind guys. And also slightly embarrassed to admit this but if Alvee hadn't posted a comment on my YouTube page about this thread I wouldn't even have known it was here. I posted this last night after a few "celebratory" drinks with my friends and then forgot all about it. Looks like the Rock n Roll lifestyle has arrived early!

But seriously, thank you so much for your comments. Although I was ahem, tired and emotional when I wrote the post last night I meant every word. I would never have had the confidence to even audition for the band if it wasn't for this site and the support this whole cyber guitar community gives. It's awesome.

Looking forward to seeing a few chordians at a gig in the future if you can make it!

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

Mark big congrats and cudos!  You've earned your rights to be in a band out playing gigs and having a blast doing what you love!  AWESOME!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Darn good job. Does "break a leg " apply for All performing arts? If so........

Our intuitions serve us well