that I might not take another breath
My limbs are swollen with emotion
Crushed by creation’s mighty waves
They knock sense out of man’s wisdom
that leaks into my being that I have to cling to

Blink, my eyes, new thoughts happen
the others just vanish
Lead me away from evil
blink again, what was that I just thought?

Calling all ships
I’m out here alone
Calling all ships
I didn’t start out this way

At the harbor
A  safe place they say
I don’t know that on this day
The stars are closer now it seems
The blue is at my fingers but cold
turned to gray

Calling all ships
where are you?
I cant call but I cry out
I’m here
I’m here

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Re: Just a thought for everyone

Posting a reminder that we can't provide full lyrics for works that aren't our own.  Please clarify if this poem is yours or the work of someone else.  If someone else, please edit it down or let me know and I'll do it for you if you don't know how. 

Never mind.  I just checked your name and see that it is McVicker.  I should have remembered from some of your previous e-mails.  Sorry.  You are allowed to post your own material. 

Lovely poem by the way.  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks,
Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

YOU KNOW THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I DONT POST MY WRITINGS HERE
ARE YOU CRAZY? I ONLY DO ORIGINAL MATERIAL AND NOW I'M ALLOWED TO POST MY MATERIAL AND THANKS FOR THE BIG PRAISE....WTF

I would try another.

WELL IF YOU POSTED IT IN THE PROPER SECTION (POEMS) AND CREDITED IT TO YOURSELF (NOT EVERYONE KNOWS YOUR NAME IS MCVICKER), MAYBE YOU WOULDN'T BE QUESTIONED. THATS TF

just sayin'

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I GUESS YOU DO NOW ...MY SLIP BUT I GUESS NO ONE LOOKED AT MY AVATAR,...

I would try another.

Would you please enlighten me as to what *** stands for?

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I've spent a good deal of time in the southern Indian Ocean, particularly as a young man.

I hope I'm reading that right, but it's a nice bit of work, even if you did put it in the wrong spot.  If I'm reading it wrong, then I lack context, and can't render an opinion.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Marcalan,

I can understand why your upset. Your a long time posting here here on chordie.. I feel you put this piece in chat   to provoke  discussion about Abby Sunderland ?, the young American lady in question, whom i gather inspired the piece  of writing ?.. Your intention unfortuately has been misunderstood it appears.
Sometimes life causes more gigantic waves on land then at sea. I also know how life and events { especially with young people like "Abby Sunderland and Australia's Jessica Watson } inspire you to write about them..

I dont have any nautical experience to engage discussion here. [ Other then a rowing boat we had for years , used when taking my lads fishing . i'm sea sick as soon as i board any vessel on water.]
I do know there amazingly brave young people to undertake such a challange.

Marcalan,  Rest assured, Your post in chat may have been misunderstood. But your sincerity  when writing about life as you see it, leaves no doubt to any intelligent mind.

Love and hugs across the oceans to you.

Cairdeas .

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Marcalan - Zurf is a new Moderator, cut him a little slack please.  He sent his apologies.  I do recall seeing your name on a few poems, although I was a little confused myself at first.  If you could please just mention in the beginning of a post that it's a poem written by you, and then go ahead and sign it with your real name, it will save a lot of confusion in the future.  I would have appreciated being able to just enjoy the poem, rather than be trying to figure out/remember which names go with which handles.  Attempting to provoke discussion or not, this really should have been placed in the poem section.  Lots of good conversation does go on in that forum which was made for the purpose of sharing poems regardless if they are related to music or not.

Although you haven't outright swore - you might as well have with your personal attacks on other members/moderators and the  anagrams aimed directly at them.  Please refrain in the future.  This site is NOT about that. 

Is this piece about Abby Sunderland?  Those were my first thoughts as Old Dolls.  Your writing is lovely and haunting as her story is.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Well, I do like the poem and I also think that Zurf presented himself well in his statement.  Like Mekidsmom said, he is a new moderator and she be cut some slack.  He was just putting a reminder out there, not accusing you.  I hope you keep posting your work, but if not, then so be it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

No doubt, just a moment of torment...he knows, no worries or grudges...I write and post I dont look at formalities.. thats me and for the record my name is ....marcalan mcvicker...I STIR BEANS IN THE HEARTS OF MY READERS
Thank you to all that posted...if I didnt do something drastic I'd never be noticed...now theres a statement

I would try another.

marcalan,

apologies as i've been away from my post for a while.

where the poem is excellent, and the pro's and meter are also excellent, i dont feel you need to insult or offend any other members or moderators to get yourself noticed! i like most other members who have been on chordie a while know your avatar and will read your words. but it seems it's the same few who take the time to comment, which is sad. i wish more members would take the time. unfortunately they may not for fear of getting abused.

i would ask you though, in the nicest way possible to keep your language in the polite as we are encouraging youngsters to follow these simple guidelines when posting their poems and songs.

this is a great piece of work

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Nonsense, but most appreciated, with apologies for being a creative spirit..What is Art anyway without conflict and emotion? That is the whole point; to inspire people to react in any way... But again i apologize for offending anyone especially young ones....marcalan.... and I stand corrected; but defiant.......
Thank you Phil
My Love to you all

I would try another.