Topic: Parking lot concert in Seattle, Washington

My best picking buddy, John Reno and I played a gig in a parking lot for our Parrothead friends on our Northwestern tour last September.
About 500 fun people showed up and those who failed to bring a folding chair or an ice chest to sit on, stood for three hours.
There were no lights except street lights. John could hardly see his frets but I had no problem finding my three valve buttons. They had us a nice big P.A. system and our own stash of microbrew beers.
A friend videoed us doing a silly song as darkness fell.
toots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS4fwqzR16s

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Re: Parking lot concert in Seattle, Washington

That's some pretty good stuff there Toots!  If only they'd have had some more lights, I would have loved watching the two of you playing  sad  The sound was really great, and the song is so catchy and cute!  Good stuff, keep it coming!  Thanks for sharing this with us smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thank you, Ms. Amy. You are so supportive of those of us who submit videos. I can't wait to see you on vid. Anything brewing?
Here is another vid we made with the camera guy sitting in with us. Thanks for asking.
toots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL0kPlDBIz4

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Very cool Toots!  It's so unique to see a guy standing there just playing acoustic with a TUBA accompanying him!  I think I liked that better than a bass on the side smile  Thank you for sharing... it was nice to see you peeking out around behind there!

For Mother's Day I received a new steel string guitar as a gift - I've been spending lots of time toughing up my fingers working on playing that thing... then going back to my nylon only to find that I'm now beating the heck out of it when I play (I need to change the strings on it too).  I've got a few songs in the works... but no time to record lately.  It's the end of the school year, my teen has regents, my 5 yr old has pre-k graduation and dance recital.  Hopefully in a couple weeks once the kids are out of school I'll be able to find a little more quiet time.  OR... maybe I'll just set the video camera up, forget the "quiet" and do a little playing around while the kids are being nuts and call it "youtube" worthy!  LOL!  big_smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.