Topic: Bad dream

early this morning around 3:30 am I awoke from a nightmare and found myself on the floor with cuts bleeding from the forehead and face I have had nightmares before but not one that lifted me out of my bed I drove myself to the emergency hospital where they had to put stitches on my forehead and nose to close the wounds I also peeled off a portion of the skin on my face,I couldn't understand what I had stuck myself on to cause that much damage so I looked around and my tripod camera case was laying on the floor it seems I injured myself on the corner of the case there was blood all over the floor and my bedding hell of a way to wake up! I do remember the dream its a bit cloudy but there was some creature that was about to attack me and I was fighting to get away I did this time I think I prefer the dreams where I am in the arms of a beautiful lady a lot better so pleasant dreams to all of you and I hope you never have one like mine and I hope I dont have any more smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Bad dream

Good golly!  When dreaming gets you stitches, where do you go from there?  There has GOT to be a song in that episode of Russell's Nightlife.  Go find it. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Sorry to hear about your nightmare. Sometimes they are triggered by certain things you eat last thing; a friend of mine could not eat cheese in the evening without having awful ones. I hope you are soon mended and feeling your young self.

It seems to be the season for Chordie Moderators to injure them selves as I have my right hand index finger bandaged (and throbbing) after trapping it in the car door last thursday night. Mind you it makes a good metronome if I play in time to it lol. In fact I have just come from the hospital as they have had to cut a hole in the nail to relieve the pressure from the blood behind it. Moderators take care!!

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Whoooooo Russell,

Must be them mutants coming for there master lol

All joking aside, i am sorry to hear your all shook up ! or stitched up.. Go on smile ya know you want to lol
It does sound to me like your short on B complex Vitamins... Maybe you ate cheese/ chocolate before bedtime, there good at causing nightmares..

Stay in the arms of your beautiful lady, its safer.. Get well soon sir.

Old Doll.

ps. Roger " Ouch" been there done that. soooooooo painful. About ten drops of lavender essential oil swished around in a small container of warmed water.. Steep the damaged finger repeatedly over the next few days.. Lavender has brilliant healing properties.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

I think you would have been better off fighting your creature head on,,,ummm couldn't have been much worse lol      Sorry Russell, glad your on the road to recovery.

Scott

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

Cheese gives me freaky dreams.  Which is too bad, because I love cheese.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Thanks everyone for your well wishes I remember the doctor in the em room who stitched me up she said it was the first time she had ever heard of this I dont think it was the cheese I had for dinner could be my old habits creeping up on me (drugs,whiskey etc.) its been quite a few years but you never know a mind is a terrible thing to waste at least whats left my friend suggested bars around the bed I may wind up sleeping on the floor for a spell cant fall out there lol

So glad yu're OK. You didn't hurt any of your guitars, did you!!??

i once had a nightmare, it lasted 7 years till we got divorced....wow glad that one's over.

words have just come to me, a twist on the old blues start line...

well i woke up this morning
i was laying on the floor
had a tripod in my forehead
and my fingers were all sore...

i got those fall-out nightmare
those fall-out nightmare blues....yeah!

put a tune to that...i dare you

phill.

ps been trying to call

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill - that is brilliant.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

11 (edited by geoaguiar 2010-07-06 19:53:08)

Sorry to hear about that...all kidding aside that's scary but....

I think it's probably from making B chords yikes

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

geoaguiar wrote:

I think it's probably from making B chords yikes

LOL!

Phill Williams wrote:

i once had a nightmare, it lasted 7 years till we got divorced....wow glad that one's over.

Wow - I've had that same EXACT dream. No physical injuries, but my wallet will never recover.

Wishin' ya a speedy recovery Russ

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Phill Williams wrote:

words have just come to me, a twist on the old blues start line...

well i woke up this morning
i was laying on the floor
had a tripod in my forehead
and my fingers were all sore...

i got those fall-out nightmare
those fall-out nightmare blues....yeah!

put a tune to that...i dare you

phill.

ps been trying to call

That works really well to the tune of "Three Little Birds" as rendered by Bob Marley.

Seriously!

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

all my guitars were on the other side of the room so the only thing i messed up was me and Phill sorry I missed your call I will try and contact you tomorrow right now I still feel like I was in a train wreck dont quite know if I can make a song of it till I feel a bit more aware
"cant take no more,sleeping on the floor or fallin out of bed with those nightmare blues"
smile smile smile

16 (edited by Ray Melton 2010-07-07 00:35:37)

Wow , Russ, I had exactly the same nightmare and I dont think me Or my wallet will EVER recover...

topdown wrote:
Phill Williams wrote:

Wow - I've had that same EXACT dream. No physical injuries, but my wallet will never recover.

Wishin' ya a speedy recovery Russ

A five yr old could understand this. Somebody fetch a five yr old !
Groucho Marx

I said Doctor is there nothin I can take
I said Doctor to relieve, this headache
You put the stitch in the forhead
You sew it all up,
You put the stitch in the forhead
You sew it all up
I say DOCTOR, Is there nothin I can,  DOCTORRRRRR

Sorry Russ, hope your doing well, that is one scary nightmare !

Later, Wayne P

Woke up this mornin' with a scar on my face
Na na na na na nany na na
Such a big scar it was a big disgrace
Na na na na na nany na na...

We gotta get a hit song out of all this surely Russ lol wink

Groucho Marx

Wow Russell!  That's some dream to toss you on the floor!  I think I'd be a bit scared to sleep off the ground myself.  I actually had a terrible dream that woke me last night ... people were chasing me and I was hiding out in a strange house.  It took me a good twenty minutes to wake up completely and stop trying to figure out what to do next.  I RARELY have dreams that wake me or that I even remember having come morning (generally I just wake up and say... ahh... I slept well).  Freaky, it's been in the high 90's here the last few days and I'm going to blame it on that (I never heard of Chocolate or Cheese causing bad dreams before... interesting).  My 5 year old sleepwalks.  Usually she wakes me abruptly by yelling and talking in her sleep while sitting up or standing up on her bed.  Luckily, she has not wandered anywhere in the house or gotten hurt ... yet.

Roger... I sure hope you didn't just jinx me and the rest of the mods with your comment!  LOL!  I don't need any injuries due to the curse of the Chordie Mods!  ha ha!  Just to be safe, I think I'll stay inside again today and work on mudding and taping the fresh sheetrock.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hi Russ
Sorry to hear about your injuries. It must been one hell of a shock to wake up to.
Speedy recovery my friend and move any potential sharp objects well away from where you sleep.
Crash mats and cushions maybe an idea....
ark

well thanks Amy and Ark and I have taken steps to insure no more injury I moved the bed so there are no objects around to harm me if this happens again (God I hope not) smile

hi russ, i just came up with a great idea for not falling out of bed or having nightmares.....dont sleep! stay on-line 24/7, that way when i try to get hold of you, you'll be there....selfish huh?

funny, when i get bad dreams, i'm usually naked, but nobody seems to notice!   now that's a bad dream. so why arent everyone else naked too? my dreams are no fun.

hope to be on-line tomorrow (thursday) i've been so tired with the new job, i just get home and go to sleep....no bad dreams though.

talk soon buddy

phill

Hear us on [url=http://www.myspace.com/hardingwilliams]www.myspace.com/hardingwilliams[/url]

Just pray! Something evil is trying to attack your life. Just pray.

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

24 (edited by Ray Melton 2010-07-08 00:26:31)

A padded cell ? lol smile

arkady wrote:

Hi Russ
Sorry to hear about your injuries. It must been one hell of a shock to wake up to.
Speedy recovery my friend and move any potential sharp objects well away from where you sleep.
Crash mats and cushions maybe an idea....
ark

Groucho Marx

Hi russ,sorry to hear you are having nightmares like that,it must have been very scary for you. I hope you can sleep better now,I have had bad dreams but nothing as extreme as yours,if I were you I would move things away from my bed that could hurt me.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman