Topic: Fingers and voice

Some days my fingers work.  Some days my voice works.  Every once in a rare while, they both work at the same time, but then my mind shuts down and I can't remember any songs.  One of these days, I'll consider it a wild success if my fingers, voice, and mind all work at the same time. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Fingers and voice

I think that must be quite common, Zurf.  I also have days where I just grab the guitar and start playing and singing, and I think, I sound pretty good today.  There are other days where I can't keep a beat to save my soul.  Casll it what you will, but it happens.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Zurf,

I think I have the answer for you, get that foot tappin first and all the others will fall into place smile

Later, Wayne P

4 (edited by jcellini 2010-07-13 17:52:14)

Hey Zurf, I have the same problem, but for me; sometimes my fingers work, my voice never works and my mind? well, I don't even want to go there !!!!!!

wlbaye wrote:

Zurf,

I think I have the answer for you, get that foot tappin first and all the others will fall into place smile

Oh Lord, don't throw another body part into the mix.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Kewl, I don't feel so bad now.
I've recently started "Attempting" to sing and play at the same time.
So far, I can only sing&play "Move it on over" and the first half of "Someday I will treat you good"

At what point does it all come together and just flow?

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Detman101 wrote:

Kewl, I don't feel so bad now.

Dm

I'll let you know...

Detman101 wrote:

Dm

It comes together somewhere between the 50th and 100th time you rehearse the song. smile

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I'd give anything just for my voice to work one day!!

It all comes togther real fast, but not until you practice a lot.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

It all comes togther real fast, but not until you practice a lot.

My playing gets better the more I practice, but my voice will never change!

jcellini wrote:

My playing gets better the more I practice, but my voice will never change!

You may be surprised how much the singing voice does change/improve with regular practice... I couldn't sing a lick when I first started but now some desperate souls actually request a song or two wink

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

When you consider your voice to be a musical instrument it stands to reason that the more you practice with it, the better it gets. Keep singing guys and gals.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

tubatooter1940 wrote:
Detman101 wrote:

Dm

It comes together somewhere between the 50th and 100th time you rehearse the song. smile

Oh crud...

=/
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Hmmm....maybe I better stick to my "George Benson" lead following routines before I get into singing too much.

lol,
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Jcellini, Guitarpix, and Detman101:

I've found this guys advice easy to practice and valuable.  I haven't gotten through all of his lessons, but the ones I have have all been beneficial.   I've been recording my voice doing the same songs for a while and there's a marked improvement from six months ago when I go back and listen.  I'm still not good, but I brashly state that I'm not near as bad as I once was. 

http://www.ehow.com/videos-on_3196_lear … ssons.html

- Zurf