Topic: Peavey PV8

I just got back from the store with one.  A nice little 8 channel mixer that'll take up to four mics and has a USB output.  Our construction is finally done and now that we have places to put things, we can replace the stuff damaged in our flood from a year ago.  So I had a budget of $179 from the Tascam portable studio that was ruined.  This little unit worked just right.  I've got the recording software on the computer, so I didn't need a studio recorder, just the mixer with a USB.  I think this will work out fine.  I don't have an amp or speakers for it, but that will come in time as I save.  In the meanwhile, I'll be able to do some multi track recording on the computer.  I should say I have the equipment that will be able to do it.  I won't yet because I haven't the foggiest notion of how to use this stuff.  But there will be a Zurfapalooza in the near term, I think, and unlike the last one this one will be electrics allowed. 

Now I've got to save and get some mics, or find some on auction cheap. 

I need at least one for voice and one for my instrument, though I'm thinking a Dean Markley sound-hole pickup will fit the bill and be inexpensive enough to get by for now until I can afford an A/E guitar. 

This is very exciting.  Maybe I'll finally be able to lay out that bass track for Geoaguiar! 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Peavey PV8

Zurf wrote:

This is very exciting.  Maybe I'll finally be able to lay out that bass track for Geoaguiar! 

- Zurf

Woo Hooo. That would be cool! Check your verizon email....I need some vocals too!!!!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

geoaguiar wrote:
Zurf wrote:

- Zurf

Woo Hooo. That would be cool! Check your verizon email....I need some vocals too!!!!

You are in sorry shape then if you're turning to me. 

My Verizon e-mail is dead until I get some tech support, which I don't have time to sit around and wait on them.  Please resend to my Yahoo! account, dazurfluh@yahoo.com. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Done!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello