Topic: America lyrics to the rescue!

My five year old was calling out for her mother last night, or rather early this morning.  My wife was sound asleep, so I went over instead.  My daughter sees me and says, "Daddy!  The sandman.  The sandman....  The sandman was...  He was...," but she couldn't blurt it out because she was scared.  So I said, "It's OK honey.  Relax.  Don't worry about the sandman.  He flies the sky like an eagle in the eye of a hurricane that's abandoned."  "OK," says my daughter and plops right off to sleep. 

I have no idea what America meant by those lyrics, but they sure calmed my daughter down in a hurry, so here's to America.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: America lyrics to the rescue!

I am pretty sure that you could have recited the alphabet to her and she would have went back to sleep.  The reassurance that her Daddy showed up when she needed him and relieved her of her fear was all she needed to go back to a place of comfort.  Sometimes just the smallest of actions allow us to understand and appreciate our roles in this world.  Nothing like being a "Dad."  Nice story Zurf, but I am giving you the props on this one and not the lyrics to a song; maybe you should accept a new topic title called: "Daddy to the rescue!"  Nice job, cute story

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Very nice story... and strange that you would think of that as an explanation.  lol  It's times like these that I almost think I'm blessed that my 5 year old is yelling in the middle of the night in her sleep instead of waking up from nightmares.  At least she doesn't remember it in the morning.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom wrote:

Very nice story... and strange that you would think of that as an explanation.  lol  It's times like these that I almost think I'm blessed that my 5 year old is yelling in the middle of the night in her sleep instead of waking up from nightmares.  At least she doesn't remember it in the morning.

Not strange that I would think of them at all.  My head is filled with 1970's folk/pop lyrics and random movie quotes.  What is strange is that I can carry on any kind of a conversation that isn't comprised entirely of 1970's folk/pop lyrics. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

And who said you deep knowledge of 70's soft (or insert a less PC word!) rock was useless. Well Done. What's next some Bread? smile

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

If a picture paints a thousand words...

Zurf wrote:

Awsome story Zurf,and grat lyrics, I love Bread.

Zurf wrote:

smile

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello