Topic: Pig nose guitars

For years I've heard of pignose amps. You know, the small amps that run on batteries that have a pretty big sound. Well I came across a woman who has a guitar made by pig nose. It's a strat style body with the amp built into the lower bout below the bridge. These never went into production but a couple hundred were released to ,I guess, test the market. The sweet part of this is the guitar is for sale. I may contact her since she is local too me and check this rare axe out. If anyone wants to see pics go to www.pennswoods.net and click on Pennswoods.net classifieds. That will be on the left side of the homepage near the top. She also has a link to a review from harmony central on this guitar

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Re: Pig nose guitars

That's very interesting - did you contact her and check it out?  I imagine they never did put them into serious production due to the fact that you can't use any amp... just what's included.  No upgrading available.  Still, pretty cool idea they had with this!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

No unfortunately I didn't get around to going and seeing this guitar. I did check out the Pignose website and looked at some other all in one models that are for sale. Pretty neat concept although it has been done before,in one manner or the other. I believe it was Silvertone who sold a guitar and amp package where the amp was built into the guitar case. I'm sure there have been others but the names escape me now

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

4 (edited by Detman101 2010-08-05 19:40:00)

Found out which guitar it was...

It's the "Fernandes Nomad Standard"

http://www.fernandesguitars.com/product … nomad.html

"The NOMAD is a very well-constructed travel guitar with great built-in FX that I have used to write songs, practice and warm up before every show on tour. Thank you, Fernandes." 

- Adam Jones - TOOL

big_smile
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Cool looking guitar. I didn't reconize any of the artists endorsing it, but then that's me.

I have just stumbled on this topic so I realise my response may be a little late but! In June this year I called in at a tiny pub in Lechlade Oxfordshire UK (On the River Thames about 100 mile west of London) a trio were playing there; blues, bit of modern and some 'easy listening' songs. The trio consisted of a drummer on bongos, bass and A drum, A lady singing and playing a tiny Bass guitar and a man singing and playing a tiny guitar. It was very good and after the gig I asked if the trio had a band name. The response was Pignose after the guitars. The guitars were about 1/3rd the size of normal ones and did indeed have an amp built into each of them, however both guitars were feeding into thier own Marshall amps. they gave a very good sound and the (very good) guitarist whose name I didnt get seemed very enthusiastic about the guitars versatility. As was obvious to anyone at the gig as he had played the guitar throughout the gig with just both E strings and a D string! I did try finding out about the guitars later and stumbled on a response relating to Pignose which featured an artist named Mike Brewley (I think) a rather dated photo of Mr Brewley who looked a lot like the guitarist in the pub but with more hair. (no offence intanded). And there my inquirey petered out until now.

Flying is the 2nd greatest thrill know to man.
Landing is the 1st.