Topic: How to wail please!

Hi Electric's forum!

I'm looking for tips & methods on how to wail on the guitar. Ok, technically it is an electro-acoustic Ukulele through an FX Pedal but the method should remain the same I'm hoping.

For an example of what I'm calling "wailing" is in the various solo's/pre-bridges of The Darkness "I Believe in a thing called Love". The sound I'm wanting to achieve is the bending sounds they do. I cant tell if its 2 guitarists doing the same solo or if they're bending a chord.

Any suggestions/vids would be appreciated,

Cheers

big_smile [b]Its in the name![/b]

Re: How to wail please!

thats a tough request on uke I would look for some videos of Tiny Tim on acid,seriously a uke is fine for some songs and I have watched a few vids of classical music on uke but if your looking to screem on some strings get a strat or a les paul thats only my opinion but ya never know you may come up with a whole new thing smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Here's a kid who makes a uke sing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puSkP3uy … r_embedded

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I wail every time I sing and th dog howls!!!

Try an octave pedal. Most octave pedals will retain the original signal and add an additional signal an octave higher. Or two octaves higher or lower. Or if you can find a digitech Whammy it has a bunch of different setting including a foot pedal to control it with. Tom Morello, Radiohead and Jack White are some of the people who use this wild pedal. But that 70's double guitar sound is definitely an octave pedal.