1 (edited by tonyespo 2010-09-17 21:57:48)

Topic: I traded my Classical for Steel guitar today

I never played my classical Takamine guitar, so today I traded it for a Jasmine S35 by Takamine.  It was an even swap, my guitar for his.  Now I have to dig out my old notes and emails and work on the S35's action.  (NOTE to Guitarpix, I hope I can find your old emails.)  I have a slight bow in the neck.�  It's not real bad but I will try to remove it.�  I'm going to use this as my travel guitar and not my daily practice guitar.  Does anyone have experience with the S35?  Any suggestions about modifications or things I should do for this model guitar are appreciated.

tonyespo / 63 year old NEWBEE

I better learn to play fast, I'm already an old fart.

Re: I traded my Classical for Steel guitar today

My daughter had a Jasmine, not sure what the model number was, but it played very well and sounded good considering it was just the entry level model. Happy new guitar day Tony

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

I don't know anything about your S35 Toney, but any day you you get a new guitar is a good day. So Happy NGD To You!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

You just enjoy your new guitar, bud.  Good luck.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I don't know about your guitar either but here is a site with some good information about guitar setup, care and maintenance. I hope you get your s35 playing great.

http://www.frets.com

Thanks everyone.  I haven't adjusted the truss rod, but I did put on a new set of light weight strings.  I like the way it sounds and feels.  I put in about 3 hours of playing today.  Getting a new guitar is like a kid getting a new toy.  I can't put it down.

tonyespo / 63 year old NEWBEE

I better learn to play fast, I'm already an old fart.

Well Tony, congrats on your NGD!  Honestly, when I got my steel string it took a while before I was choosing it more and more than my classical... now it's been probably two months since I picked it up, always going straight for the steel strings.  So I can understand!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.