Topic: From Bm to E7 and back again 'We're NOT Jammin'!!'

I am trying to play Jamming by Bob M and I've got to play:

We're [Bm]jamming[E7]

[G]I wanna jam it with [F#m7]you,

We're [Bm]jamming [E7]jamming

and I [G]hope you like jamming [F#m7]too.

Ain't no [Bm]rules ain't no [E7]vow we can [Bm]do it any[E7]how

and [G]I Jah know will see you th[F#m7]rough,

'Cos every [Bm]day we pay the [E7]price with a [Bm]loving sacri[E7]fice

[G]jamming till the jam is [F#m7]through.

Now I am a weak player and I can do a Bm with the tongue out and I cheat on the E7 by playing the Em and if I am lucky I might get the pinky down on the last string. But I am buggered if I can get from Bm to Em let alone E7 in two sharp struts and then back again without playing splodge chords that sound discordant. Is there an easier bar progression that I can use or something? I am playing the standard E(7 in my dreams) and standard Bm.

Re: From Bm to E7 and back again 'We're NOT Jammin'!!'

G'day. I was just having a look and if you go from Bm to the E7 bar chord at the 2nd fret(the bar form of the open D7) it sounds ok and seems to be a lot easier than the big E7 jump. Just use bar chords all the way. Then the move to G is more efficient as well. Hope It helps.

Gary

Well, i think i get it. I am making the d7 shape and then barring it on the first fret. This is

is this right?

It sounds a little off from the E7, but then I'm your usual beginner - tone deaf!

nope  that would not make D#9, but if you move all your fingers up a fret then you will have E9

Also, you cannot really cheat with an E7 by playing Em I dont think, thats worst than all the cheating I do,lol

All I can say is ........ practice!!!

just keep practising going from Bm to E7, or even Bm to E. Your fingers will soon adjust to the positioning of the chords.

Try playing the song extra slow for ages until you pick up speed.

here is a site for you to fill in your own fingers to get the names of chords

<a href="http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/chord_name.php" target="_blank">http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/chord_name.php</a>

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

What u described is a E7 chord 222434. It all comes after a while. it sounds a bit off if u r used to the open E7 but it plays sweet enough in the tune. And like the other dude says... practise heaps and then some more.

Hi

Try the shortern version of an open E7

E  0

B  0

G  1

D  0

A  2

E  0

No need for the pinky to be down, though still the jump from Bm

Ark

I find the barre form D7 sounds a lo like Em.  What do you think?  Maybe I'm wrong there.  Have a great day.

OMFG!!  you ppl are awesome, I never cease to be amazed at the guitarist ego! Esp. mine!!

I first learned to play this reggae classic in Am.  Thats Am - D - F (yes the dread f chord!)- E. This is a nice and easy (er?) change, esp. if you use a d7 from the Am.

If you get hung up on other tunes, try changing keys!

Schoolin' ya's!!

www.geocities.com/guitar_zan_randy