Topic: Ode to the Hokies

I'm no poet, nor a songwriter, so I thought this best fit here in chat. All I can say is Toney is a good sport, it was great to speak with him tonight on the telly and I am thankful he didn't rub it in. It should be self explanatory.

Yea, You know I made a bet
With SouthPaw, that I severely regret
So now I’ve gotta post
That the team I respect the most
Are the Hokies from VPI

Though my guys were 4 and 0
And the game was played at our home
The boys from Tech came ready to play
And once again, I’m sad to say
I’m singing the Wolfpack Football Blues

The Pack was leading early, score 17-0
I had a feeling it wouldn’t last
The Hokies were strong in the second half
And moved the ball by run and by pass
I’m singing that Wolfpack Football Blues

One of these days before I die
I hope to see the Pack winning the prize
But even if that day never comes
I’ll always enjoy tailgating in the sun
And singing those Wolfpack blues

So the final score today
Hokies 41 – NC State 30
There’s always next year to play
And just maybe, next year I won't
be singing the Wolfpack Blues

WOOOOOOOO!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: Ode to the Hokies

You're the coolest dude in the world right now Jeff !!

I'm gonna have to copy this fine piece of artwork and hang it on the wall in the man cave/sports/music room !

Pure class Mr. Taylor, pure class !

..... I love my Hokies !.......

Thanks Jeff and best of luck to the Wolfpack for the rest of the season ! N.C. State is a fine football team, Va. Tech was just a tad bit better today.

Give everything but up.

Youre not by yourself Top's I was pulling for State, and again, My Blue Devils had a chance to win again today but came up short to Maryland, but belive it or not I was able to watch it, on ESPN 360 by hooking up my laptop to the tv and pulling up espn360 on the computer after hooking the computer to the TV. Ahh it's almost Basket ball season. We have 3 tickets to Might madness at Cameron Indoor Staduim, on Friday OCT 15TH, can't wait. I'm just waiting for someone, anyone to knock off Alabama "no offense Toots" I know they're the best team, but it's time they came down.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

No offense, Cam. Alabama, like U.S.C. always has been and always will be a football factory.
Roll Tide!
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Yeah Toots I agree. Alabama just keeps on rolling, I'll be the first in line to say how good they are. Seems to me there may be a few NFL teams they could give a good run for the money. But let's not forget, every dog has his day Should it come down to Alabama and Ohio ST. I'll be pulling for Alabama, but lots of things can happen between now and then.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down