Topic: Chilean Mine Rescue

I don't even like to use the john with door closed as I have a bit of claustrophobia. I can't imagine working underground for 8 hours, I'd have lost my mind being trapped 1/2 mile underground for 69 days. The first miner should be pulled out soon - makes some compelling TV. Good luck and God bless 'em.

33 miners stuck 69 days in 90 degree heat - funk?

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: Chilean Mine Rescue

RIGHT ON TOP!!!

What an amazing rescue. In 1959 my dad led a team of five dreagermen some 10,000 feet down and rescued 11 trapped miners. 78 miners
perished in the Springhill disaster. The Chilean rescue has me thinking about dad and his team and have great respect for all miners for it's
a chilling feeling going underground. I worked in the mine for about 5 months and quit because it was a nerve racking job. The thought of working under the atlantic ocean was chilling for sure. Been watching the rescue since 5 oclock this morning and hope all get to the surface.

god speed    , badeye

one caper after another

Here's hoping they all make it out safe. I can't imagine being down there so long and what thoughts must have gone through their minds, and what they're feeling now.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

13 out as of now.  I can't imagine being down there for that long either.  Here's wishing all turns out well.  It will.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Amazing rescue and TV viewing - I was up 'till about 2:00 a.m. watching the first 4 come up, woke up at 7:00 and saw nearly every miner emerge from the rescue capsule. I had tears nearly every time, a fantastic "feel good" story served twice an hour. All the miners are up, 5 rescuers to go. An amazing happy ending to what could have been a huge nightmare. CHI-CHI-CHI- EL-EL-E. Actually, this was a world-wide effort - major congrats to the American drill operator who punched the hole!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

the sad part of this whole thing is that there is a big media fuss, when it happened, when the first one came out, and i bet when the last one emerges....bet the guys in the middle dont even get a mention, let alone tv coverage!

sorry to be cynical

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

69 days underground, I doubt any of them wants to be on TV Phill!  LOL!  smile 

A very good story!  It's nice when good things make the news for a change!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

According to the news today the miners could share up to £100m for their story - as long as this money goes to the miners and their families directly and it is shared equally I'm sure not too many people will complain about them receiving this as compensation for their dreadful ordeal.  The rescue team leader appears to be getting plenty of kudos - I hope this is reflected on ALL of the brave members of the rescue team.

Ian

All things good to know are difficult to learn.
Greek Proverb

If there those who would complain, they are bad people.  Most of these guys do not want to go back into the mine.  What else do they have?  Good luck to them.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Just Wonderful Tv.

Ahh, but did any of ye chordians know this wee bit of information

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/wor … 64138.html

We Irish dont only fight and drink ya know lol

Old Doll

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Really? I heard whisky was invented to prevent the Irish nation from taking over the world.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Well Begorra and Bejapers Toots,

I could believe that one lol

Just as long as theres no big red buttons to push! I guarantee some diehard
would have a go at it whiskey or nae.:lol:

Are you tooting away still sir ?

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Dear Ms. Lena,
No tuba work for me right now but I found some work as a guitar song guy in a restaraunt nearby.
John Reno wants me to drive to South Florida for another wild weekend this winter.
It's gonna take me a month of practice to get my chops in shape to play three tuba gigs in one weekend. The good times are well worth it say I.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I bought a bottle of Cilean wine to celebrate the rescue of the miners, but it's taken me 69 days to open it, and even then I had to take the cork in and out 33 times!