Topic: Left Handed chords

Hello All,

Is there a "switch to flip" on Chordie so that cords are shown for left handers as there is for switching from guitar cords to mando cords? I know you just reverse them, but I'm at a stage where I still have to look at the cord charts provided here for each song. I can mark everything out and put in the lefty cords as best as I can, it just takes times and the sheets aren't "clean" which causes stops in order to take a second look at some points in songs even though I try to be as neat as I can. I just don't want to keep doing this if there is a box to check or something I can put somewhere in my profile that I am missing.

I've also looked as much as I can, hours and hours, for any kind of sheet, book, poster, ets. that shows the lefty cords, am I missing something here too? I have a righty cord book and have marked it all up trying to show it in lefty cords, but again, it works decently, but is less than desirable. My next move is going to be to draw in the frets and strings as used for cord charts only all blank, make copies and mark these blank pages up with the lefty chords making my own "book".

I was just thinking tonight, it can't really be this bad for lefty mando players is it?? Any tip or comment would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Harry

Re: Left Handed chords

Hi Harry and welcome to Chordie,

Although you can change to left handed guitar chords these is no left handed mandolin chord chart I'm afaraid.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Left Handed chords

Thank you very much for your answer Roger and for welcoming me to Chordie. What is offered here is remarkable, no other site is needed. I've been scribbling over the righty chords to keep working on some songs.
I'm going to make a chart myself, changing the righty chord book to lefty is okay, but not the best. I think I had a serious brain disconnect, my wife told me to draw up a master sheet on graph paper of 18 blank fret examples. I have and will make blank copies to fill in lefty. I'm sure others do that too, I just didn't think of it.

I thank you again Roger and all the great folks on Chordie!

Harry