Topic: Milwaukee is #1!!!

The city I grew up in has been voted the number one drunkest city in the entire US on new years day way to go!! smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Milwaukee is #1!!!

Reminds me of a bit I used to do at closing time when I fronted my bar band.
I would announce something like:
" Hey, guys, it's last call for alcohol. Time for us to ease on down the road. I hear the state of Wisconsin is number one in deaths due to drunken driving. So drink up guys, and let's get Alabama up there in first place."

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Never been to Scranton, PA on St. Paddy's day!!

Congrats Russ lol
Isn't that the town Laverne and Shirley lived and the brewery they worked in.

They would be proud. smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

yes Kenny Lavern and Shirley did work in a brewery in Milwaukee on the show I dont remember the name but it was a takeoff on Schlitz beer company smile

6 (edited by dino48 2010-12-30 02:41:55)

well they got to have something to be bragging about,but how did they determine that fact,did they ask a bunch of drunk voters at bars?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Well have one for me Russell.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

dont quite know I seen it on roadrunners home page today they also had the drunkest college towns rated UWM was only 21st which is unusual because its a real party town smile

dino48 wrote:

well they got to have something to be bragging about,but how did they determine that fact,did they ask a bunch of drunk voters at bars?

Russell_Harding wrote:

yes Kenny Lavern and Shirley did work in a brewery in Milwaukee on the show I dont remember the name but it was a takeoff on Schlitz beer company smile

Shotz brewery.

http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/museum/ … 002403.asp

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Thanks for that stroll down memory lane my late brother inlaw worked at Pabst brewery for over 30 years I used to enjoy visiting there never was a shortage of beer in the fridge lol

Astronomikal wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

Shotz brewery.

http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/museum/ … 002403.asp

I think the whole state of New Mexico runs a close second

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

beer...cheese..and football(american)....gotta love it...Congrats.

Go WINGS..and Tigers,Lions and Reading F.C...C'mon Royals

laverene and shirley great show,beer cheese and football are great also.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman