Topic: Hello

I just got a electric acoustic and amp i am having trouble with my stumming to some song really need help is there anyone who can help me
and to everyone HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Re: Hello

Rickey,
Welcome! There is a veritable plethora of folks willing and able to help you at Chordie.com, myself included. With the information you provided I suggest you search YouTube for the song you are trying to play. This has been helpful for me. Good luck.
David

What song? Maybe someone can post a video "how to" or link to an existing one.

Hi Rickey-- Welcome, Glad to see your newfound interest in playing. You are at the very begining of a new

hobby which can get frustrating at times but have the faith and keep at it. Strumming involves an aquired

feel for the strings with alot of practice. Like others are saying check out vids and any other hands on

material that could help. Ask any member here and they will tell you this is an ongoing learning process.

If you know someone that plays see if they can sit down with you. This may be the way to go. Best of

luck.   Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

Welcome to chordie. If you go to the top of the acoustic post and click on the green sticky you'll find some strumming videos that Roger has posted. There are 100's of pattern out there.

6 (edited by Gerrilyd101 2011-03-17 12:53:16)

Hello to all in Guitar Land!! Im new to playing guitar and this 2. Any sugg's on songs in my level, would be appreciated!:)

Hello Rickeyforet and welcome to Chordie, guitar playing, and music. There are many friends here to help and encourage you on your journey. Just ask.
Good luck.

Hi rickyforet welcome to the site,I listen too the song and pick up on the tempo,beat and that seems to keep me from having to use strum patterns.Most songs do not have strum patterns posted with them. I know some of the other members will give you some ides on how to do it with a strum pattern.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman