Re: how old is every one?

Just turned 15 and Iv'e been playing since I was 12.
I'm waaay into Blue's soloing and..
Led Zeppelin  :}}

~~~~~~~~~

127 (edited by Syd1994 2009-10-21 23:10:44)

I'm 15

"Policeman shouts but I don't see him/ They're one thing I don't believe in"
-Tomorrow, 'My White Bicycle'

54 yrs old here...

i'm just shy of 17 haha

Satman, gitaardocphil, oldsoulman are youngsters......I'm 61 and just started playing "again" about 3 years ago.  I played in high school with a group (didn't everyone??) and then didn't play until 3 years ago.  I enjoyed it during my high school days and do again, maybe even more so since I have the time to try and get it right.  It's amazing how much I forgot from the old days and find that making the chords isn't as easy as it used to be too.  However, I don't intend on giving it up.......I want to take some lessons and see what else I can pick up to make me sound better.  Right now it's mostly chording but I would like to do a few riffs or be more of a lead player than I am currently.

48, till last Wednesday, now 49 - that sounds so much worse. Just wish the internet had been around when I started playing at age of 15 - I might be a lot better now! Or not. When I was 15, my friend of thw same age could play Classical Gas (worked out by ear) - I still can't play it!
Darn you meddling youngsters for being so good!!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Sorry, but I turned 60 this month and still play every day!

ovation93 wrote:

sweet!! lol i`m 13!

Me too 13 ftw!!!!

I don't have a good quote so I'm quoting myself... ok I'm done

Hello all I am 41 years young.  It's nice to see so many young people wanting to play one of the worlds best instruments GUITAR!!

I'm 34 and have been playing in bands since I was 14. So I guess I've been on 2 sides of this conversation.

All I can tell you is that I've never run out of new music (new to me anyway) and I doubt I ever will.

The longer I search for great music the more I find and the better my own music becomes. I will play forever.

I never need more then 4 strings.

Hmmm....Well, I just registered here today and I don't want to make you feel like a little kid but I'll be turning 60 in August. Don't feel bad, I feel like an old man. I've been playing the guitar for 43 years and you probably know more than I do. I've seen some 14 year old "young men" that can flat burn the strings up and I wish I could play that well.

137 (edited by canudigit 2009-07-31 14:52:59)

Mr. Sandman wrote:

Hmmm....Well, I just registered here today and I don't want to make you feel like a little kid but I'll be turning 60 in August. Don't feel bad, I feel like an old man. I've been playing the guitar for 43 years and you probably know more than I do. I've seen some 14 year old "young men" that can flat burn the strings up and I wish I could play that well.

There is no age restriction to playing guitar.  I can see myself playing guitar until my fingers bind up and even then I may try learning to play with my toes  lol

i'm 14 - anyone around my age is welcome to email for a chat!

"In a mad world it is the mad who are sane" Craig Nicholls

I just turned 30 in March and I've been playing for close to two years now. I'm not lying when I tell you all that I've picked up my guitar to play or practice everyday since I started playing guitar, even if I just pick it up for 5 minutes or for 4 to 5 hours. I never knew it would be so addicting, I love my guitar, and I love playing guitar. Thanx to Chordie for all my progress, and thanx to the moderators and members for the help and support. Keep On Rockin!!!!!!!

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

21 here smile Been playing guitar for about 11 years. smile

i'm 13 smile and new on here today smile

I'm 38 - started playing when I was 13 - stopped at 21 - started again at 36. 
Just got back into electric guitar.  Good to see all the kids picking up instruments - keep it up - and play what you love!

Now I work down at the car wash where all it ever does is rain.

'99 Gibson Les Paul Special DC, '99 Epiphone Dot, '06 Norman B50, '03 Yamaha FG-433S, Fender Performer 650

Hello all, a great mix of ages on here.  I will be 60 in 2 weeks time. Started on guitar when I was in secondry school about 14 or 15 years of age. I have had a lot of stop and starts since then. First off conscription (Viet Nam), marriage, family,work. I now have 1 son and 2 grandaughters playing guitars, the eldest grandaughter plays keyboard as well, so we have some great jams together. Very special, 3 generations having good times together.
Happy days
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Hi folks;this is my first post,I'm 55 and have been playing since 12.I started off on an old no-name guitar with 1 inch action and strings like cables,it was hardbut it built up my fingers so Icould bend strings like Buddy Guy.Over the years I have taken all the money I earned playing on the side and spent it on gear I now have 25 guitars and 8 amps and many effects.It's great to see so many young people taking up guitar and if you stick at it and put you heart and soul in your fingers you'll be able to fill your house with great gear.Just remember to play each note like it was the only one the audience will hear.

Turning 48 in November.  Been playing since 1973.  Every time that I pick up the guitar, I realize how much I still don't know about it.  It sounds crazy but the more I learn about it, the more I realize how much more there is to know. Its like when you've figured out that riff that you always wanted to learn, a light comes on.  That light is in another room and you get to peek into that room for just a little bit and you realize that that riff has brought you to a new place.  Your footing is unsure. You want to turn and go back to the familiar; to what you know. But, that light makes you look into the new room.  Eventually, you walk into it.  I don't think that the guitar ever runs out of "lights" or "rooms".

Now available in 5G !

im chillaxin at 19

Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die tomorrow.   -James Dean

I'm 59, and Looking Forward.

To Camdener, "No Sense Makes Sense"Charlie Manson

Thought I responded to this but I guess not, going on 28 been playing since I cant remember

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Im 61 and have been playing for 45 years.  I am studing the blues at this time, after playing rock since the 60s.  Remember people, develope your OWN style. Most study the hot players and try to copy them, however, they also study hot players but found their own style.  Be true to your self.