Topic: Schechter Diamond C-1 guitar

I guy I work with is offering to sell me his Schechter Diamond C-1 guitar. It is a beautiful guitar and he is asking 200 dollars for the guitar and a hard case.

Pro's:

Easier to play than my acoustic. I like my acoustic but on some stuff it is not as forgiving.

Some songs I am trying to learn are for electric guitars (some of the leads go down to the 22nd fret and my acoustic only goes to the 20th).

While it does not have a tremolo I can get an effects pedal to produce the effects.

Did I say it was beautiful?

It is barely used. He also has a Telecaster and when he plays it is all he uses.

Cons:

I have no idea on how to use the amp and volume/tone knobs to produce the different sounds I can get out of an electric.

I have never played an electric before and don't know if some of the stuff I hear is normal or an issue with the guitar.

Wifey says we cannot afford it ( I know this is important but I think the guy will give me some time to buy it).

I looked for some stuff on the guitar and could not find anything. Is there anyone who either owns one or has experience with one that could tell me if this is a good buy or not?

Re: Schechter Diamond C-1 guitar

Hi bunbun, I don't know much about electric guitars or the Schecters. I was a long time acoustic player, not saying I'm very good, LOL. I recently bought a very used Fender. I got a cheepo $60.00 amp from walmart and some headphones and I have learned to love my electric, but I'm still flustrated at time. It's the differance between playing a pianoas opposed to playing an organ

3 (edited by Buzzwagon 2011-02-03 11:49:17)

Here you go Bunbun, a review. Sounds a good guitar and if Schechter was good enough for Mark Knopfler..... at $200 it sounds a steal! Here in the UK the Diamond C1 retail at anything from £450 - £750.

http://www.epinions.com/review/pr-Schec … 3960459908

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

4 (edited by ndrewoods 2011-07-17 14:20:22)

bunbun wrote:

Pro's:
Some songs I am trying to learn are for electric guitars (some of the leads go down to the 22nd fret and my acoustic only goes to the 20th).

Did I say it was beautiful? How to play guitar

Cons:

I have no idea on how to use the amp and volume/tone knobs to produce the different sounds I can get out of an electric.

I have never played an electric before and don't know if some of the stuff I hear is normal or an issue with the guitar.

Wifey says we cannot afford it ( I know this is important but I think the guy will give me some time to buy it).

I looked for some stuff on the guitar and could not find anything. Is there anyone who either owns one or has experience with one that could tell me if this is a good buy or not?

If your budget is short, then it could wait. I'm not good on electric guitars since I started on acoustic and love to play it. But I got to admit, there are songs that can be played beautifully in a electric than an acoustic.