Topic: Howdy, From Big Wonderful Windy Wyoming

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been contributing to the "Best Sight on the Net" lately . I have been busy with a new job and I am finally getting my feet on the ground and getting settled in and on a schedule,

Thanks to Tops , for giving me a slap up along side the head smile

Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

Re: Howdy, From Big Wonderful Windy Wyoming

wlbaye wrote:

Thanks to Tops , for giving me a slap up along side the head smile

Wayne P

No problem - You would do the same for me, I'm sure wink. Good hearing from ya buddy.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Welcome back Wayne. I hope you've at least had time for pickin' smile

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

No excuses Wayne.  What's more important, a job that pays the bills or Chordie?

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Heya Geo,

Yes I have been doing lots of pickin. I have been staying on location . We have a camp and have plenty of time to get some playing in. I am teaching a young fella to play and the Big Boss comes to the Rig and plays with me fairly regular. He's about my age and plays alot like me , so we have a great time and it sure beats working. We a have 3 rigs drilling in the area and there is another fella that comes over from one of the other Rigs and plays also. I am gettin him started on harmonica , don't know what the heck I am doing myself but I am trying to help anyway smile

Later, Wayne P

wlbaye wrote:

Heya Geo,

Yes I have been doing lots of pickin. I have been staying on location . We have a camp and have plenty of time to get some playing in. I am teaching a young fella to play and the Big Boss comes to the Rig and plays with me fairly regular. He's about my age and plays alot like me , so we have a great time and it sure beats working. We a have 3 rigs drilling in the area and there is another fella that comes over from one of the other Rigs and plays also. I am gettin him started on harmonica , don't know what the heck I am doing myself but I am trying to help anyway smile

That sounds like a little bit of heaven...except for the hard work part!!! Keep on picking and thanks for checking in. Your posts were missed!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I'll second that Geo.  Keep earning money how you can in this economy.  It's great that you can pick some tunes while doing it.  It's probably not so much fun being away from that beautiful family, but you do what you must. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Wayne, good on you mate. Gotta pay the bills and take care of family so if that means working away from, thats what you do. I have been working away most of my working life and still doing it.
Congrats on the job, sounds like it may not be all that bad with the picking and strumming taking care of free time after hours.
All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Good to see ya back Wayne but we all know when duty calls we do our best. Money
   is such an evil thing. wink      Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

Good to see you back!  Don't work toooo hard  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.