Topic: Easy songs for beginners??

Hi All,
Ive just joined up to Chordie on a recommendation from a friend.

I have found a couple of songs that I can play (again on recommendation) and wondered if anyone has some more ideas of good songs for a beginner...

I can play basic chords (D G E Em D7 A7 Am and few more) I am still having trouble with F!
Can anyone suggest a few songs that use only these basic chords so that I can have a bit of variety in my practicing?!

So far I found Killing me Softly(fugees) and Save Tonight (Eagle eye cherry) - any ideas would be gratefully received!
Gemba smile

Re: Easy songs for beginners??

Hi Gembagemba, welcome to Chordie. You could try checking out the Public Books section from the selection of options above. There is a section for beginner songs in there.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

3 (edited by dino48 2011-03-04 17:27:29)

Hi gembagemba,good to see you at the site,the above post is a great place to start. You might also try some songs  by bob dylan, credence clearwater revival,neil diamond, and the beatles have some easy tunes also. F and B are hard ones they take some wrist and arm/elbow bending so you can place your hand around the neck of the guitar, you might try some Eagles songs when you get them down some ( Hotel California ) .

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

In the key of "A", playing A,D,E,, I play a medley of " Shake it up, Baby" and "La Bamba" going back and forth between the two. There is a passage in E for the Ahh part.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Here's the easiest song in the world for guitar IMO...  Let Me Be by Xavier Rudd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS4K28T-eSY

You don't even have to use your fretting hand smile  Pluck D string then slap strings x2, Pluck G and slap strings x2, and pluck A and slap strings x4.   Repeat and enjoy!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Hey!

I created a blog that contains comtemporary music hits, but then with easier chords.:)
You might want to check it out: www.playittheeasyway.blogspot.com

I will keep updating my blog so every new hit song will be added!

So enjoy and if you like it, Share it!

Gemba,

This is THE site for beginners like you and me. I have been "playing" (more like attempting) for about 1 1/2 years.  I visit chordie every day to see what new books are posted.  Stick to the Absolute Beginner at first, but you can search through all the other songbooks too, as they have some easy songs as well.  The thing to remember is that chordie has the ability to transpose songs, so try changing a song up or down 1 or 2 steps and you might find that the chords will fall in line with what you are more comfortable with.  I would much rather play an E instead of an F or an Am instead of a Bm.  Be creative, but dont forget to practice every day.  I am addicted to my guitar, it has been my "mid-life crisis" which has brought me more joy than I ever expected.  Keep playing!

Do what's right. If you have to think about it, it's probably wrong.

Great advice from  "TheKodiak"

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Good work moderators,thanks for keeping our site spam free!!!!!!!!!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

try wonderful tonight,G D C D G ...Em C D G if i use correct one as a biginner too!