Topic: My strat sucks

Can anyone help me.I have 2 strats.A1996 and a 2001.The 96 is a dream to play.3 single coils,maple fingerboard.The 2001 is awful.Humbucker in the bridge position,rosewood fingerboard.It sounds awful.plays awful.It loses sustain when I bend a string.I contacted fender and even played it on the phone for them.They said it was fine.both guitars have the same strings and are played through the same amp.Can anyone tell me what to do about it or is this an inherent problem with this setup?Also they are both mexicans.Will a simple setup fix this or is it a more expensive fix. Any help would be appreciated thanx

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: My strat sucks

I'd recommend taking it to a decent luthier for a set up. I had problems with my strat, half an hour with a very good luthier and £30 later and it's a different guitar.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Hey buzzwagon.     You were so right.The strat that sucks is now a wonderful guitar.65.00 and it was all setup and now it goes to my 13 year old daughter.Someone tried to adjust things themselves on it and you can guess the rest.Now it is all adjusted,aligned.inspected,infected,cleaned andstrung.Thanx for the advice

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Only too happy to help, I'm glad it's worked out for you.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live