Topic: The Best of eBay: Watch those shipping charges!

My eBaySellCommunityCustomer Support
Hi, naolslager! (Sign out)You're Invited! Join eBay Bucks.
CATEGORIES FASHIONMOTORSDEALSCLASSIFIEDS

Back to Search Results     |    
Listed in category:   
Musical Instruments > Guitar > Acoustic
Add to Watch list

Enlarge

GUILD ACOUSTIC 6 STRING GUITAR
Item condition:    Used
Time left:    6d 12h (Apr 09, 201117:35:32 PDT)
Bid history:   
4 bids
Current bid:    US $122.50   
Your max bid:   
US $   

Place bid
(Enter US $125.00 or more)
Add to Watch list
    Join eBay Bucks and earn 2% back on this item. See conditions
Shipping:    $605.00 Standard Shipping  |  See all shipping details
Delivery:   
Estimated between Thu. Apr. 14 and Wed. Apr. 20
Returns:   
No Returns Accepted

Learn moreabout eBay Buyer Protection - opens in a new window or tab

Seller info
Member id lana6950 ( Feedback Score Of 46) 
100% Positive feedback
Save this seller
See other items from this seller
Other item info

Item number:    160567814724
Item location:    Springfield, OH, United States
Ships to:    United States
Payments:   
PayPal See payment details
Print this item - opens in a new window or tab|Report item
Description
Shipping and payments
Share: this item   
Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.
Last updated on 05:39:38 PM PDT, Apr 02, 2011 View all revisions
Item specifics
Condition:   
Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully ... Read moreabout the condition
Brand:    GUILD
Dexterity:    Right-Handed    Style:    Acoustic
String Configuration:    6 String         

Questions and answers about this item
    No questions or answers have been posted about this item.    
Ask a question

Re: The Best of eBay: Watch those shipping charges!

I hate that!!!!! Do they really think that someone will bite? If it's worth that much then set a reserve. I guess they're hoping it will slip by and the buyer will get stuck with it. I would pass this up in the blink of an eye.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

That person must think there are alot of idiots out here.To top it off you can not return it!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Seems almost fraudulent. Who charges that much for shipping domestically? No company I can think of off the top of my head.

It's sad, because there is a good chance someone will be that stupid and not pay attention to the shipping charges.  I tell everyone to look THERE before they even READ the descriptions.  Sad... I did sell something once and didn't make a special note about price to Alaska or Hawaii... of course the winner was in Hawaii, and I lost my butt on the shipping.  Ebay is NOT for dummies.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

6 (edited by naolslager 2011-04-04 11:57:41)

I hope its just a typographical error. Otherwise it is shameful trickery.

I ALWAYS look at the shipping charges before bidding. But "caveat emptor" (Let the buyer beware.) I suppose.

In my opinion the majority of eBay sellers are honest. For example I purchased a guitar a few weeks ago (buy it now) at a ridiculously low price. Before I sent the money I contacted the seller to confirm this price was valid AND the guitar was what I expected: New. The seller confirmed the price was an error but honored the price! What he didn't know is that I would have paid the "normal" price for this instrument but since he offered the lower price I kept that idea in my back pocket. I own a beautiful guitar and will consider this same business for future purchases. That is all he asked of me.

Win-win.

p.s. As you might suspect I make a habit of scouring eBay (and Craigslist) for the next "deal". This detracts from my playing time but it is so enjoyable I cannot resist. It's all part of my GAS problem.

My wife bought a $1.99 item on ebay and ended up paying $19.99 for shipping!!! Never been back!

Seems like a good reason to stay away from ebay

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Offer to pick it up yourself.Or see if a shipping company can pick it up for you.See how they react.600 to ship is absurd

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Thats a great idea jjj !!