Topic: Damn The pusherman

Does anyone know who wrote the original Pusherman back in the late 60s or early 70s??
  Not the Bible pushin man...

Re: Damn The pusherman

Hoyt Axton recorded by Steppenwolf

I know it as a Steppenwolf song also.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

The title is just, The Pusher. My buddy used to have 3 8-tracks with this song on them.  We would get them all cued up and drive The Loop in Lancaster PA. An 8-track player sitting on the seat of his dad's station wagon would be cranked and the windows rolled down.  We were such rebels!  ;^)

Sometimes you have to burn a few bridges
to keep the crazies from following you.

Hoyt also wrote "Jeramiah Was a Bullfrog" and his mother and grandmother wrote "Ain't Nothing But A Hound Dog" for Elvis

Very intersitng I am impressed with Hoyt Axtons songwriting. I never knew he wrote so many hit songs.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

7 (edited by bensonp 2011-04-11 19:06:56)

I did not know Hoyt wrote that either.  I, also used to drive around with my buddies and the windows down, and smoked, I mean listened to that song cranked right up.  Those were the days my friend.  The long version.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller composed houndog for Big mama Thornton before Elvis got a hold of it smile

Butch8844 wrote:

Hoyt also wrote "Jeramiah Was a Bullfrog" and his mother and grandmother wrote "Ain't Nothing But A Hound Dog" for Elvis

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Ooops, maybe it was Blue Moon Over Kentucky, he talked about it one time when he was being interviewed. He's since passed.

I remember Hoyt Axton well I was singing with the Chambers bros. at the Troubador in LA he got his start there and hit it big with Greenback Dollar very talented composer smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"