Topic: Electric Guitars in my house!

My son had a friend over last night... he brought his electric guitar with him, and his amp.  The young man plays a lefty, and can his fingers MOVE!  Wowie!

It's moments like that which make my heart smile!  Dad started this whole thing, I finally started playing, and now... my husband is finally learning, my son is really getting into it, and there was a JAM session at my house last night with the teenagers!  It was awesome.  Despite all the craziness going on in my life right now, I am so proud to be able to have a happy moment like that.  I recorded them a little, although I haven't checked yet to see if they'll let me post on youtube... one of the teens is still snoozing!  LOL!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: Electric Guitars in my house!

I am so proud you guys got to hear the kids jam. That is mega-fun.
I pray you get in on this many more times in the future.
Toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

just curious.Did your dad get you a toy guitar when you were small to keep you away from his.I did that for my daughter and now she is playing real guitars now.It sounds like you have a great house. Keep up the good work

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Thanks Toots!  Apparently while I was playing mine the friend video taped me and sent it to his mom.  Lol!  We all had a good time and hope too that we have many more!  I almost feel like I am "the cool mom"!  Lol!  Special thanks to the guitar foor that.

Joey, no, my Dad tried to teach me but all I wanted was to sing. Two years ago (in September... over 30 yrs of age) I finally picked up a guitar. 

The boys let me upload the video to www.youtube.com/mekidsmom - my sons friend is the one on guitar, my son is the one who's guitar is "on the floor" at the moment of taping, and you can tell he's taller then me as I am looking up to him with videocam in hand LOL!

How freakin' cool is THAT!?

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Wow, I bet that was fun! Sounds like you are a cool mom!

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

Sounds like good times Amy. Does that inspire you to play more so you can show the youngsters a thing or two?

If I was a teenager I think it would be cool to have a jam session like that with a parent.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Good times!

Wow! That's the kind of stuff Fun and memories are made from! I would ask you to adopt me but my son is finally getting comfortable enough with his playing to jam with me and his son. I love it!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Thanks guys!  Yeah... it really is a very special feeling... and now I get a little of what I see in my Dad's eyes when he and I play together. 

YES, it does make me want to get better... but alas, I can sing and they can't so I'm one step ahead there!  LOL!