Topic: the wedding get out

my wife is glued to the TV screen watching the "royal wedding" yuk.... so i guess i'm like many other abondoned husbands and "men" in general who would rather be on-line with my Chordie mates.

just as a matter of interest; how many females are on-line now rather than watching "the wedding?" not many i bet!

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: the wedding get out

hi phill i see your offline as well ,has she got you to watch it .....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Sympathizing with you Phil. Mum and sisters glued to the TV. I'm sick to death of hearing about the royal wedding. yikes yikes yikes

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

Well I'm loving it. Makes you proud to be British.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

I guess it's alright if you're British.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

I stirred this pot once before about the Royals, I should keep my thoughts to myself I guess #BitingMyTongue

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Never fear men, all the women around the world aren't glued to it.  Although, I must admit a lot of my friends even in the US seem to be interested.  I could care less.  I assume the women in the US are interested because of the old fairy tales they used to hear as kids and wishes of being Cinderella or the like.  I don't know... I suppose if I was raised with figure heads such as the British Royalty I might feel differently.  Then again, I would not swoon over meeting a famous singer either.  I imagine I'd treat them just like another person, since they are.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

My wife recorded it.  Six freaking hours.  She will watch alone.  Or possibly with my daughters.  I have no interest.  Perhaps I'll get to go fishing and no one will notice that I'm gone.  I could get a good bit of fishing done in six hours.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

let's get one thing straight,

I AM PROUD TO BE WELSH, ALSO BRITISH,

but my god, it's only a flipping wedding, there wasnt all this fuss when i got married!, in fact it was lucky the wife turned up or i'd have been there on my own....ha ha.

the wife is loving it and she called me for the kiss on the balcony, she told me that i didnt have a romantic bone in my body when i told her to get a grip...

as for our colonial friends; in Oz, NZ and US, they are our royal family so i dont expect you to have any feelings about the wedding...no probs. why then are we stuck with your presidential elections on TV?

Phill Williams wrote:

why then are we stuck with your presidential elections on TV?

Based solely on the results, it seems even we don't care about those.  Time after time, we have many hours of broadcast dedicated to very little information.  I guess broadcasts that looked into the issues the nation faces, some possible causes and analysis of likely cures to what ails us, and then some information on which candidates support which approaches would be too much work for the poor dears and wouldn't result in enough viewers.  So instead we are keenly informed about undergraduate grades, opinions of high school prom dates, and the frequency with which hair styles of the candidates and their spouses have changed and which style was the favorite of the commentator. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

You know, not that I'm bitter or anything.

- Zurf

How about that dress?  And the kiss?  I think weddings are over rated.  A simple wedding with a few close friends and relatives is fine, but when its over, its over.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hi Phill
Been woking on some songs all day long............ and watched Casanova on the BBC iplayer lol can't conjure up any interest in this media frenzy got nothing against the royals they do a good job mainly.
Wife and Mother-in-law gluded in HD...
just going to have a listen to your new song.
ark

Ya know.. I did watch.. and enjoyed it.  A nice moment for the Brits.  Everyone I saw was smiling and seemed quite proud - waving their flags, etc.  Just nice to see thousands of people gathered for a peaceful celebration.

We are right now working up our cover of the Sex Pistol's "God Save the Queen" in honor of this event.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

seems like a lot of hoopla just like the last one but the people enjoyed it and as there footing the bill with there taxes for it what the heck smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I did not watch it,our news media has been talking about it for weeks so I am glad its over and I hope they do ok. I think the best thing was that the busines it brought too england was good for the economy.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

It's been all over the radio and everywhere on tv. I didn't watch it, but really you can't get away from it. I did see parts of it on the news this morning. I can't get over the hats the women were wearing. Looked like a bad Bjork concert.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather watch the honeymoon.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Think yourselves lucky, you folk overseas. It was on virtually every channel over here ALL FREAKIN DAY in some shape or form. And then they showed the highlights!

Good luck to them, I just hope the world's media don't do to her what they did to Diana.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

21 (edited by naolslager 2011-04-30 13:57:11)

My wife is fascinated by the Royal Wedding. She was up at 4am on Friday to watch. I watched about five minutes of it - the vows, etc. I figure I will get a chance to see the other parts over the course of the next month or so. I think it is a significant historical event and I am happy for the British people but I cannot really understand what it all means.

I travel to Europe next week where I will see a English business associate. I've already exchanged emails with him regarding this (and the game of Cricket). I told him I'd buy the beer if he answered my questions.

Alvee: it's on EVERY channel in the U.S. as well.

No interest myself, and not a Royalist, but my wife is glued to it. We are having a (very British) tea party later, as a joint celebration with our own 20th wedding anniversary.
Six hours is a lot of wedding. But cricket can go on for five days, and I love that...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

hey zurf, sounds like your TV over the pond is as bad as ours. we do all share a common thread though; what we call SKY TV over here, in australia it's called FOXTEL and as it all belongs to rupert murdoch (who was born in OZ) i guess we all get sludged with the same excrement!

although i can say with some authority that TV in OZ is much much worse than UK TV.

"reality TV" seems to be a world-wide pandemic though. you get it whether you want it or not. there must be someone out there watching it? but i cant for the life of me work out why.

my son brought the paper down today (saturday) half was news of the wedding, the other half was 50/50 sport and adds. which is why i dont buy a paper! if i want the news i look on the internet.

phill

24 (edited by dino48 2011-04-30 16:55:07)

Its sat morning here and the news is still going on about it,hopethis ends today!!!!!!!!!!. I hope I did not offend any brits out there,it is mainly the news media I am not happy with.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

It kind of reminds me of when Michael Jackson died.  It was alllll over the TV, every channel.  Sorry Phill that you  have to put up with our presidential stuff over there.  I REALLY am sorry, because I don't care to watch HOURS on end of "Polls are in from 5 states", "Polls are in from 17 states" ... on an on an on.  Such a drama!  Just tell me who the heck won would ya?  LOL!  Oh well, I still look at people as people and I have never understood people's fascination with famous/royalty/politicians/etc.  I'm glad you could get away from it for a bit.  Luckily, since I'm the main female in the house I didn't have to worry about everyone else here oodling over it all.  I'll be happy when everyone is done going on and on about what everyone looked like though on FB.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.