Topic: Just To Say Thanks

I would just like to thank, all the experianced contributers to the forum you have been a big inspiration over the last few week since being member of chordie,i've  done a lot of reading (theory) and applied it to my playing
and have noticed a massive difference when playing.I'm no master of the fret board as i've only been learning about eleven week but i can honestly say i'm making music i recorded my first solo today no singing lol just letting it flow with four chords and some string picking and it felt like something clicked inside the old brain and i was like wow was that really me playing that.

So a big thankyou all for the excellent information on chordie it is appreciated from an old strummer wink

And for those who are just starting to learn guitar please please stick with it don't let it grind you down
and if it does, just do what i do and take a days break then come back refreshed it makes a massive difference,
dont overload yourself with frustration and enjoy it.

steve.

Mother nature can throw so much destruction at us.....But why does she always reward us with such beauty.

Re: Just To Say Thanks

highly strung wrote:

I would just like to thank, all the experianced contributers to the forum you have been a big inspiration over the last few week since being member of chordie,i've  done a lot of reading (theory) and applied it to my playing
and have noticed a massive difference when playing.I'm no master of the fret board as i've only been learning about eleven week but i can honestly say i'm making music i recorded my first solo today no singing lol just letting it flow with four chords and some string picking and it felt like something clicked inside the old brain and i was like wow was that really me playing that.

So a big thankyou all for the excellent information on chordie it is appreciated from an old strummer wink

And for those who are just starting to learn guitar please please stick with it don't let it grind you down
and if it does, just do what i do and take a days break then come back refreshed it makes a massive difference,
dont overload yourself with frustration and enjoy it.

steve.

Chordie is GREAT!  Glad to have you around Steve!

You've got some great advice in there too! 

Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hi again guys and girls ive just uploaded a short recording
of my first solo no singing yet just playing to give you an idea
of how much ive progressed in 12 week with the help of you great guys on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9_r3HJjDLk

Mother nature can throw so much destruction at us.....But why does she always reward us with such beauty.

That is a terrific job for the short time you've been playing!  There is no way I was close to keeping time and making smooth chord transitions three months after playing.  It was more like six or nine months.  Keep up the good work!!!

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thanks mate its good to no when your making progress.

Hi Steve and welcome to Chordie,

For the time you have been playing that is excellent, the timing, rhythm and chord changes are surprising good for just 12 weeks of learning. Well done.

Roger

P.S. If you use a progamme like the free Audacity you can add your singing to the track after the playing so you do not have to do the two together (just like most professional artistes do).

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger Guppy wrote:

Hi Steve and welcome to Chordie,

For the time you have been playing that is excellent, the timing, rhythm and chord changes are surprising good for just 12 weeks of learning. Well done.

Roger

P.S. If you use a progamme like the free Audacity you can add your singing to the track after the playing so you do not have to do the two together (just like most professional artistes do).

Thankyou roger really appreciated.I actually had a look at the reciept for my guitar to see exactly how long i have been playing i purchased it on the 20th march so nearly 8 week ive been playing but to be fair i have put the effort in every other day with atleast 90mins of practice.

i am going to have a look at that audacity its just what i could do with wink

G'day, Highly Strung - welcome to Chordie! Good job, mate!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

You are doing really well for the short time you've been at it.  You are on your way to stardom.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thanks norm, and pete i wish i was on the road to stardom smile