Topic: COUPLE OF QUESTIONS ON A SONG

Hi every one, i usually just lurk here,mainly because i am learning, and have nothing useful to add. lol
I am trying to learn  I still miss some one  .When the chords are close like in the first line;  g          c               d
                           at my door the leaves are falling        is leaves two beats and falling two beats?  i guess i just dont know how to tell  where the measure starts and ends.
also what is  a good strum for this  dduudu or base strum?
Well I hope this makes sense, I  can play some songs,but  I cant seem to make this sound right.

I started to learn to play  a couple years ago, and i would almost give up, but  I am determined to get better!!  I am 58  kind of a late bloomer, but i just love to play, or at least try to
This is a great site, best one i've found . Thanks,  Pen

Re: COUPLE OF QUESTIONS ON A SONG

boom chicka boom chicka boom
bass   du      bass   du      is the way I like to do it.I hope itworks for you.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Welcome Emmydo.  I do the same as Deadstring on the pattern.  Bass note followed by a down stroke and an upstroke.  Then I use an alternating bass.  I always over-complicate the strumming.  I can't help myself sometimes.  But Johnny Cash songs it hurts them to over-complicate. 

As far as the beats, I'm not really sure.  I'll have to go play that one and count it out.  I usually just go by 'feel.' 

(g) at the (c) door the (d) leaves are

Kind of like that is how I do it I think, but I play that song in A.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

OK thank you guys, this is sounding better already!! Thanks

Standard educational theory is you that learn 3 times more 'watching' than 'listening'. I find youtube tremendously helpful when I'm struggling to get the precise rhthym or chord change timings. The majority of popular songs will have the original version plus numerous covers; some are rubbish but you'll usually find some that help; try keying in say "Guitar Acoustic 'song title' cover" and you'll find loads most times. If you also try 'Song Title Guitar Lesson' very helpful for a lot of songs. On good quality vidoes you can freeze at the right position to catch a chord variation etc.

Good luck and remember you're NEVER too old.

6 (edited by tandm3 2011-05-16 01:08:48)

deadstring wrote:

boom chicka boom chicka boom
bass   du      bass   du

Is this a song that's normally associated with pole dancing?  smile

Now available in 5G !