Topic: New Pedal Day X 2

Greetings!

Today I had the fortune of being blessed with not one but TWO Rogue analog pedals.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2753/latestpedalcaseshot.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The first is the "ROGUE ANALOG DELAY". I have been using a Behringer DD-100. I didn't know how digital it was until I actually heard some analog delay pedals on this forum and then on youtube. The Rogue Analog Delay pedal is the exact opposite of the DD-100 in that it has the nice warm repeats that analog delay pedals offer. The package is literally the same size as an MXR pedal and built tough. I have been able to more accurately dial in the delay sounds that I need using the Rogue because even though it has less knobs, it's much more accurate in it's levels, timing and repeats. Compared to the Rogue Delay, the DD-100 was all over the place! I was able to tweak the Rogue Delay much more and find multiple settings that were usable with different backing tracks I experimented with. I take it out live tonight at the "M.I.H. COGIC Mens Conference" and i'm sure it will fit in the mix MUCH better.

The next pedal is the "ROGUE VINTAGE COMPRESSOR". Now I have to say that I never have tried a compressor pedal before and I really had no idea what they did. Because this pedal was a surprise I had no idea what to expect. In my experimentation I found that a compressor pedal (this one...lol) reins in your sound and also boosts it.
What I mean is that you set the "Attack" level (How fast the pedal reins in the sound levels and compresses it), then set the "Sustain" level (How much the pedal stretches out the notes until you release them) and then set the "Level" (Overall sound level maintained by the pedal when you play soft or hard). I had no idea that these compressor pedals were so dynamic!!! :shock: When I set it up, I clicked it on and strummed softly....it raised the level of my soft playing up to the level set by the level knob! When I strummed hard it lowered the output of my playing down the the level set by the level knob!!

It's like having your own sound guy in your pedalcase!!!  I could wail on the guitar and there werent any loud notes jumping out to sound out of control! And when I played softly it regulated the notes to all be at the same output level. I could even kick up my guitar volume, pick hard and get a nice broken up bluesy crunch from my MHP GM BD-2 without the volume blowing out my ears or even increasing. Tweaking the sustain knob does increase noise  when you turn it past 2:00 but boy-o-boy does it stretch out the notes. I felt like an 80's rock star just holding notes for 10 seconds and making my "rock-out" squishy-face the whole time. My son was looking at me like i had lost my mind...:lol:

I am definitely going to have a LOT of fun with this compressor pedal. This is an exciting new find. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions regarding Compressors?

Last but certainly not least...
To the awesome brother that blessed me, thank you so much.
http://www.thedailyscrapper.com/forum/images/tds/smilies/smiley_emoticons_hug.gif

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Re: New Pedal Day X 2

Don't overuse it - t'will make your sound way too flat. Good luck with the new stomp boxes!

Roger that!
I'm still trying to understand it and how it will sound live.
Tonight I will find out...or maybe I should wait til sunday....

Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

If you have two can you be borrowing one out? Just asking lol

5 (edited by Detman101 2011-05-23 16:00:34)

A bit confused...Two of what?

If you mean delay pedals, yes.
Send me your mailing info.

=]
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle