Topic: The end of the world is nigh?

According to a US preacher, the world ends the 21st of May, which is today... and the world has ended yet.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

Re: The end of the world is nigh?

Yep, predicted a 6AM earthquake in NZ, then across the time zones. No NZ quake yet, and nothing to report. Another whack-job bites the dust.

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Haha!!

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

4 (edited by dino48 2011-05-21 17:18:06)

This same guy/group predicted the same thing in 1994,it never ceasas too amaze me how many people are so feeble minded as too latch on too people like him.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

The Rapture has to happen before the world comes to an end. It's coming but The Bible plainly says even the Angels in Heaven don't know exactly when. I'm ready but I ain't sitting down and waiting on it.  What denomination preacher are we speaking of?

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Deadstring is correct. Things will happen that lead up to the end of the world. It's not just gonna happen one day.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

There are several passages in the New Testament on the "signs of the end" and what to expect before it happens and no one knows when that will happen that is reserved for the creator.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Could you guys imagine if by coincidence there was an earthquake on the east coast right now? Insanity would surely ensue. Rapture

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Well.  It's 7:25 Central Time..  Guess I didn't get "taken up".... I probably didn't know the secret handshake or the correct password.  Hello?  Is there anybody out there besides me??

Now available in 5G !

I am in New Zealand, and because we are next to the international date line it was supposed to hit us first. I can safely inform the world that it hasnt happened yet, So keep on plucking for now... but one day....
So be kind to each other, and enjoy the music.

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Its 603 pst here in california we are still here!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

deadstring wrote:

The Rapture has to happen before the world comes to an end. It's coming but The Bible plainly says even the Angels in Heaven don't know exactly when. I'm ready but I ain't sitting down and waiting on it.  What denomination preacher are we speaking of?

Exactly, I don't think anyone can predict when the world will end.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

End of the world?
No what's mean't is the end of mankind the world will be still spinning in space for a few billion years yet with or without mankind.
All religions have their dates for the "End of the world" and how it's going to happen and up to now plainly all have been wrong...
I guess if they keep banging away with dates and so called events then one may just be right and they will be probally the most shocked...

Funniest thing... I watched the moving "Knowing" on Friday night.  I didn't know what the end of the movie was about... the fact that all the prediction nonsense was going on Saturday ruined the ending for me and I could only laugh though the end of it.  I think the movie was supposed to be a beautiful message at the end, but I just couldn't stop laughing at the ironic silliness of the timing of watching it.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

The end you say,   I'm still here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CFoJuRc … re=related

happy endings    badeye   cool

one caper after another

The end of this life is not my concern. I just would like to know if there are guitars in Heaven and will I get to have a Yamaha like mine or will I have to settle for a Martin, Gibson or Taylor? wink  wink   tongue  tongue

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Missed another one.  We'll be witing. for the next one.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I am a realist so I know our sun has a life clock like all things in the universe it will someday use up all its energy and implode or super nova like all the rest of the stars in the sky and take the Earth with it keep in mind there are stars so distant that even tho they no longer exist  we still see there light, to every thing there is a season Ecclesiastes chap.3 so enjoy this special time we know as existance, I think therefore I am

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Maybe it did happen and we are enjoying "The Ever After" smile

Later, Wayne P

I think alot of these groups are trying too get there "fifteen minetes of fame". and they most likely get alot more money doner's.

dino48 wrote:

I think alot of these groups are trying too get there "fifteen minetes of fame". and they most likely get alot more money doner's.

This is what ALL "organized religion" groups are about, period.

Peace and Guitars,

and in the words of Ziggy Marley, " Love is my religion"
and Jimi Hendrix, " Music is my religion".

Love and music is free, especially with the internet.........

Give everything but up.

And Abraham Lincoln said, " When I do bad I feel bad, when I do good I feel good.  That is my religion."

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

deadstring wrote:

...will I get to have a Yamaha like mine or will I have to settle for a Martin, Gibson or Taylor?

Right on Deadstring!!! Love my Yamahas!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

The end of the world wasn't that bad an experience for me. The place i'm in now is pretty darn good with all my family and friends around me, my animals still know me, I have my P.C. and chordie, my guitars hanging on the wall behind me. Can't complain.

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Well, given that the interpretation of Revelations that leads to pre-milennium dispensationalism (that interpretation which suggests that Rapture will happen first, then 1,000 years of unrest, then a return of Christ) didn't come around until the 19th century and that there are three other orthodox Christian views of Revelations (none of which come with a guarantee), I think Reverend Camping stuck his neck out.  But it's his neck.  I don't know how you read all the passages in sufficient detail to apply numerology to them and miss all the passages that state that the end will come "like a thief in the night" and that it is "only for the Lord to know".  It's very clear, there is NO particular date and NO hidden message encoding the end.  There is numerology in Revelations, and that particular numerology is a game that used to be played on names by first century Jews.  Applying the rules of the game, the numerology suggests that Emperor Nero was the "anti-Christ" and further that "anti-Christ" isn't a title but a description of one who is against Christ (as Nero was - he used to dip Christians in tar and then light the tar to use the Christians as street lights).   That's the understanding of Revelations that I think is correct.  I don't think it's an end times story at all, but a commentary on Imperial Roman persecution of Christians. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude