Topic: I'm a new member!

Hi, I'm Gabby and I'm joeyjoeyjoey's daughter in real life. I play guitar and bit of bass, ukulele and keyboard. My favorite guitar I own is my Rock Candy Daisy Rock because it plays nice and is sparkly pink! :^D My newest guitar is a dark purple strat (a real one!) and it's very nice. I hope to enjoy the forum and the whole website in general.

Have a nice day! (:

~GabbyTrout

Re: I'm a new member!

Hi Gabby we knew you were joining your dad mentioned it so welcome to Chordie smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Ms Gabby, glad to have you here in Chordie. Great bunch of people here that will all treat you like family. Just don't ask to borrow any money. Feel free to join in the discussions, ask questions or provide answers.

Uncle Nela

Hi Gabby - Welcome to the chordie forum!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hi Gabby,good to see you here.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Welcome Gabby. Enjoy the site.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Hi Gabby,

From one fish to another welcome to Chordie smile wink smile.

Not only is your dad about you have plenty of surrogate aunts and uncles here to help when you need it.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hello Gabby, Welcome aboard. I think it's great when young people find a passion for something, if you stick with playing and learning it will become one of the most rewarding things in your life. While your putting time in with your music and your friends are doing whatever they do, the day is gonna come when they look back and wish they had put that same time in. Good Luck to you in your musical journey.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Hi Gabby and Welcome to Chordie!  It sounds to me like you could probably teach a few of us a few lessons.  Make yourself comfy, read the stickies at the top of each section, and jump right into conversations!  If you have questions, feel free to ask... there really is no such thing as a stupid question, except for the one you never ask.  Most everyone here is quite friendly and willing to help out fellow guitarists (and there's a section for other string instruments too if you wander in there to talk about the Uke!).  smile

Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Welcome to Chordie.

Wow.  It's awesome you've got such a solid musical foundation with all those instruments.  Do you have a favorite and are you planning any others (mandolin comes to mind)?

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hi Gabby! Great to see young'uns on the site.  I haven't been posting very long myself.  Like you, my oldest grand daughter (13) is becoming quite a musician.  She taught herself to read music and has been playing keyboard for about a year.  I look forward to your perspective and input.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Welcome, Gabby.  It's nice to meet you.  Although a lot of us here are old timers (we're young in our heart), there are quite a few young members and we all get along great.  Music is the bridge between the generations.  Stick around and enjoy the stories and the learning experience.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Welcome G-trout,    great people here  young and old [er].

have fun..    badeye    cool

one caper after another

Welcome Gabby.  I hope your experiences here will be as good as mine.  There are some really fine people on this site and some really great advice.  Everybody here is different but there really is a civil tone on this site that is absent in many other sites.  The common thread that binds us all together here is different from other forums which is why I am here.  I wish you well, and hope you enjoy your time here.

Now available in 5G !

Welcome to you Gabby ! You just collected a million new friends in one hit !..beat that facebook !;)

A five yr old could understand this. Somebody fetch a five yr old !
Groucho Marx

Welcome to Chordie! Lots of great help here, you'll love it!

Katie

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

Hi smile Chordie is pretty cool. Welcome.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

Welcome Gabby, I think you will find the Chordie family very helpful and friendly as myself and many others have.  b

hi gabby welcome to chordie,everything you need to learn and play is here for you,if you can't find it just ask and enjoy the experience.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

@Zurf
Thank you. C: And, fi I could get my hands one I'd definitley try it. Currently I keep asking for my dad to look for a secondhand violin. The chances on that one seem very small though. (x

@ dino48, deadstring, Roger Guppy, cameronkl7, mekidsmom, DirtyEd, bensonp, badeye, tandm3, auxi, steelstrings, bobwill, daddycool:
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I bet I will enjoy Chordie very much. :D

@Ray Melton
Haha, yep! C:

Hey Gabby; Welcome to a great site where the folks are always helpful and very few every say anything that isn't positive.  Great to see one of our next generations continuing with the music.  Don't be afraid to ask for help from these fine folks at anytime.  Trouts, Bass, Guppys.......sounds like we have the start of an aquarium going on here on Chordie.   Welcome, Enjoy!  Nice to meet you!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Bass Viking wrote:

Trouts, Bass, Guppys.......sounds like we have the start of an aquarium going on here on Chordie.

I like it lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"