Topic: Walter Srtauss?????

Just been at a very intimate gig in Carmunnock ( small villiage in Scotland), a guy called Walter Strauss wowed us with his songs and excepional guitar skills. He is from a town north of San Fran, California. Has our friends across the pond seen him play? The 35 of us had a ball watching him do his stuff. Please tell me he is well known, if not, he should be.
cheers
sinkybhoy

Re: Walter Srtauss?????

Oddly, there are great American guitarists that are almost unknown in the US.  I've not heard of this guy.  I never heard of Sea Sick Steve either until someone sent me a youtube.com link featuring his music on a European TV show. Europe is much more open to new or different musical styles than the US is.  Here, if you're not backed by P. Diddy, you're not getting any airplay.  As a consequence, there is a ton of talent here that is never heard.  It's sad, it's a shame, and its pathetic.  I wish I could fix it but I don't know where to start..  sad

I was in Ireland recently and had the privilege to attend Frankie Gavin's newest CD release performance.  What a treat. He's a fabulous musician.  His band is fantastic and he's unheard of in the States.  It's a shame that this Gaga nation won't allow the variety and choice that we all need.

Your guy Strauss is probably in Scotland because he or his manager is smart enough to know that he is very marketable in Europe, but couldn't get a bar gig in the US even with corporate backing..

Now available in 5G !

Re: Walter Srtauss?????

Your loss is our gain. Keep sending the talent over here and keep your gaga crap to yourselves, although she is getting airtime over here. As you say its sad. Seen seasick steve 3 times in Scotland and a joy to watch, a breath of fresh air with his 4 string homemade electric guitar. Keep the faith and all will come good.
cheers
sinkybhoy