Topic: Replacement Amp

My trusty ol' Hot Rod Deville is falling apart...quite literally. It's had 13 solid years on the road with me and it's done a great job, but I think it's time to move on to something new. Deville will be retired to my guitar room where she will continue to serve as a practice and noodlin' around amp, as well as a studio amp when needed.

I'm looking for a tube amp in the 50-80w range. I primarily play blues, funk, and southern rock with a wee bit of jazz, as well. I have a few nice stomp boxes for distortion, so I don't need a good dirty channel...just looking for something loud, crystal clean and punchy.

I'm thinking about a bassman but I'm also attracted to the idea of boutique and/or hand wired amps. I'm a fan of combos but would entertain a half stack with 2x12 cab....any suggestions, Chordians?

Re: Replacement Amp

Egnater Tweaker 40 or maybe the 30watt Rebel 2x12 combo?  I have the later and its built like a tank and sounds awesome.  It is heavy though, almost 75 lbs.

Now available in 5G !

I have six JBL EON self powered speakers for my big P.A. system. One EON with a 15 inch speaker and a horn and a 300 watt internal amp makes a whale of a lead amp. They cost $700 each new.
Lots of EONs on Craigslist and E-Bay.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I was looking at Egnater...never played one though. Def on my list - thanks!!!

The VOX NT and AC amps are delicious.  The AC30 is pretty awesome and offers up great clear tones, but if you want a bigger amp, the NT can get you to 50W, although the clean tone is just a little bit (just right smile ) dirty.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Jerome the AC30 is currently my rehearsal amp - I played it out the other day and pushed it a bit too hard, couldn't keep it clean. Not enough headroom on the clean tones, which is a damned shame because I love the sound of that amp.

Take a look at the NT50, then.  It's a little bit dirtier, but you will get another 20 amps of room out of it.

I've gone small.  VOX has put out a ton of little 15 and 20 watt tube lunch-boxes.  Phenomenal stuff from such a little bitty box.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]