Topic: twang sound from one on the strings

hi from the guy that know nothin about his guitar.
One of the strings on the fender is making a twang sound. hight from pickups is ok, its not hitting the frets and im not on drugs.
what would cause this

Re: twang sound from one on the strings

I had that on one of my guitars.  The "fix" was to remove the seed one of my kids put in the hole.  It got caught in a spot that at certain vibrations would cause the seed to jump around and buzz.   So check to see if you've got something inside your guitar.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

If it does it when played in an open position 9not pressing the string down), then it could be the worn nut is allowing the string to come too close to the fret, or one of the frets is loose and extended too high.  Check each fret to see if you can determine whether the string is hitting on one of the frets.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

What type of Fender? Bridge out of adjustment? Old strings? Neck straight?

Need more info really but taking it along to a good luthier and spending a few quid to get it properly set up will usually work wonders with Fenders. They're rarely as bad as a lot of people seem to think they are.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Webmc - welcome to Chordie. Your post said - "one of the strings on the Fender is making a twang sound", what could cause this". Now are you asking "why just this string has a twang sound" or are your saying "how come the other 5 strings don't have a twang sound to match the one that does"? The right answer depends on the question.

Nela

Listen to Buzzwagon.He knows what he is saying.He advised me to do that to my fender strat and it now plays like a dream.I was ready to smash mine it was so bad.Now it is all fixed and now  belongs to GabbyTrout.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

5 strings don't have a twang sound to match the one that does

Changed strings,, is cool now thanks everyone

I'm Glad problem is solved! Play on!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.