Topic: My thanks to you all, and suggestions if you will.

My special thanks to all for the information and guidance I have received by reading the Chordie topics a lot. I am trying to learn Guitar by myself and chordie has been of great help. I dont feel qualified to offer much information by posting so again,thank you.
Now please consider this question.  I live in a small community that has a building I have access to for social functions. I would like to present a two hour free concert of Acoustic Guitar and Old Country with a little soft rock and Folk music. My reason is I need the experience of performing out in public and, to offer something to the Community. I am planning 10 or 11 songs with a 15 minute break followed by another 10 or 11 songs
My Guitar and voice will be miced through an acoustic amp.  Comments,thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.  bob

Re: My thanks to you all, and suggestions if you will.

Well I don't have any advice, but I do have a comment.  And that comment is "Go get 'em!"  That's really kind of you to think of serving your community in that way. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Ditto!   Go bobwill!    Let us know how it goes.  Better yet, Kentucky is a neighbor to Ohio, invite those who can make it there..  That would be cool!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qI7y9ivs5Y[/url]  lol
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEyW2SEHfzM[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0WeJjPLqyQ[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkcYALHslEY[/url]

Just relax, smile and have fun. Don't forget to mic check before the show and have a backup guitar in case you break strings. Knock em dead and let us know how it goes. Good on you for getting involved with community entertainment. Wishing you the best of luck.

Sounds GREAT!  Only thing I can think of to add is maybe you know a couple guitar players around that would also like to do a few songs?  Getting a few folks together and calling it more of a "planned open mic" might make for more people to show up that will enjoy watching!  smile 

I'm impressed!  I still get too many bubbles in my belly when I'm in front of people.  I've been on stage and in front of a microphone since I was quite young, and still my knees knock.  Go get em!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom wrote:

Sounds GREAT!  Only thing I can think of to add is maybe you know a couple guitar players around that would also like to do a few songs?  Getting a few folks together and calling it more of a "planned open mic" might make for more people to show up that will enjoy watching!  smile 

I'm impressed!  I still get too many bubbles in my belly when I'm in front of people.  I've been on stage and in front of a microphone since I was quite young, and still my knees knock.  Go get em!!

You'll be singing with other folks in less than a month.  But we'll all be smelly and have our own guitars and won't be able to see anything through the campfire smoke.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

bobwill, you're the man. Tis a great thing you have planned.  I hope all turns out well, as I am sure it will.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thank Y'all for your support. I am looking forward to this. I've worked up a set list of music i am very familiar with and I practice daily. I get a little nervous before people, but it goes away quickly (I have been in plays and have spoken to groups) Close friends are the only people in the community aware of my playing and singing, I hope others are plesently surprised.

I think it is wonderful!  I also thought about doing what others have said on here about making arrangements and going to local nursing homes and putting on the music for the residents.  My mother-in-law was a resident and many of the folks would really appreciate the entertainment of something like this!  Let us know how, when, where!  You never know who might just show up!  Go get them!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio