Topic: Concert

Went to a concert this past Saturday night. We went to see Dokken, an 80's hair band. They are one of the bands on an unofficial bucket list that a friend of mine and I have. A couple observations I had...

There were lots of older people there. I'm 35 so by older I mean mid 40's and up. Was kinda strange. It just wasn't what you would expect to see at a concert like that. There were some metal heads there but not alot. Have older people always been there and I'm just now noticing? Is it because I'm getting older that I noticed?

I have noticed that now I watch the musicians and what they're doing on there instruments. From more of a players perspective than a drunken fool perspective. I watch what their hands and fingers are doing.

Anyhoo, we rocked out and had fun. That was our goal.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Concert

I doubt anyone younger than 35 even knows who Dokken is. I remember the name but I couldn't tell you the name of any songs and I doubt I would recognize them if I heard them, but I did listen to them. I'm sure the ratio of older to younger people is directly related to the era the artist was popular in.

Re: Concert

I had to chuckle at your observation of older people at the concert. In '99 I was working as a medic for a company out of San Berdoo. We did stand-by's for concerts, auto and m/c racing, etc...

I worked a concert at Glen Helen. The line up was Dokken, Slaughter, Cinderella and Poison. I was partnered with a young (about 21) EMT. I was the Medic on the crew. As we pulled into Glen Helen I told him, "You are going to see a few things here: Older women in spandex that still look good and older women in spandex that should have left it in the closet. We will also see alot of guys my age with huge beer bellies and goatees."

We checked in and went to our spot. I watched my partner look at the crowd and after about ten minutes he started laughing. He asked how I knew. He had no clue who any  of the bands were. I told him that every one here was trying to re-live their high school days.

The bands? Slaughter was...Slaughter. Dokken was rusty as they had just gotten back together and Dokken's voice needed some practice. Cinderalla kicked arse and Poison...Well I was too busy treating old guys who were drunk and decided to fight during the Poison show.