Topic: First disappointment from a commercial

The conversation is getting too depressing because of my Amy Winehouse post.Lets lighten it up.Remember watching commercials when you were small.Then you got the product and it didnt happen like in the commercial.I don`t mean toys or products that dont perform like in the commercial.I mean the stuff that cant ever happen.After bugging my mother to get Imperial margarine,I ate some and didn`t get a big crown with the music.Another one is when I opened a bottle of Ajax and a white tornado didnt come out.The most recent was in 2002 when my daughter(gabbytrout)asked me to get her fruit gushers.She braced up and her head didnt turn into a piece of fruit like in the commercial.What commercial gave you all your first dose of reality?

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: First disappointment from a commercial

One for the Evel Kneivel remote control stunt bike with ramps.  It didn't work very well. 

As a side note, we call my youngest daughter Ajax sometimes.  I'll let y'all figure that one out. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Never fell for one, but who remembers these from the back of your comic books?

http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/wong/comicads/xray.jpg

http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/116/3a727dee7fbf45cd8f0d276a66ac001f/l.gif

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Always wanted some of those Xray glasses, topdowm.  Never did get a pair.  Maybe I was smarter than I thought.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

^ I KNOW I wanted some too! - and they were only a dollar! But back then a dollar was a lot of money (and in the back of my mind, I knew they were fake).

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I recently saw an advert for Wrigleys Extra Sugar Free chewing gum I was disappointed to find out it neither had any extra sugar nor was it free smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I bought the trick black soap and the 8 foot frankenstein monster from the same comic book ad.The black soap was a piece of black something held in by a sticker.The frankenstein was an 8 foot piece of plastic with a picture of the frankenstein monster on it.My parents wouldnt let me tack it up on the walls of their brand new house and tape wouldnt hold it up.If you look on the back of the box of the Gretsch Americana series it has a spoof of those ads.One cool thing was the batman periscope from a box of Kelloggs OKs cereal.My mother sent away for it for me.Anyone remember that.Yogi Bear was on the box

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Roger Guppy wrote:

I recently saw an advert for Wrigleys Extra Sugar Free chewing gum I was disappointed to find out it neither had any extra sugar nor was it free smile.

Roger

Lol

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

I don't recall being nieve enough to be fooled.  My little brother didn't have x-ray glasses but he did purchase some sunglasses (he was about 8 years old) with mirror on the INSIDE of the glasses to see behind him while we were in Daytona for vacation.  My sister and I were disgusted that he was looking at the gals in string bikini's without making an effort to turn his head, I think my dad was jealous!  LOL!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

10 (edited by steelstrings 2011-07-25 11:35:36)

mekidsmom wrote:

I don't recall being nieve enough to be fooled.  My little brother didn't have x-ray glasses but he did purchase some sunglasses (he was about 8 years old) with mirror on the INSIDE of the glasses to see behind him while we were in Daytona for vacation.  My sister and I were disgusted that he was looking at the gals in string bikini's without making an effort to turn his head, I think my dad was jealous!  LOL!

Can you tell me where I can buy the glasses?:D

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

mekidsmom wrote:

Lol, I had a pair of those.
I was going to get the silvered stuff put on my regular glasses about 10 years ago.

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

mekidsmom wrote:

I had a pair of those too, but to prove what a dweeb I was, I used them for bike riding.  It was convenient for being able to see cars coming up from behind.  I didn't get to a beach nor use them for girls in string bikinis.  Of course, a couple of my bike riding partners didn't look bad in those painted on shorts and shirts...

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Since I got me a twin brother we both got us a pair of those X-Ray glasses. All they did was kinda made a shadow around what you was looking at. Made everything a little fuzzy.
Them was the good ole days.

Nela