Topic: Any John Prine fans out there?

A friend of mine introduced me to John Prine's music about twenty years ago and I was blown away by  his lyrics and simple chord progressions and how it all came together. A wonderful storyteller Prine's music really touched me as being written by someone who looked at the world and everyday matters from an everyman(any man) point of view,while not taking himself too seriously. Anyhow I found a link to every album Prine has recorded along with lyrics and chord progressions. A great site for any Prine fan go to www.jpshrine.org  I've been having a ball rediscovering his music and actually being able to play it. Hope others will enjoy it too

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Re: Any John Prine fans out there?

I have been a John Prine fan for many years. The first song of his I learned was Paradise, - played it for my daughter when she was little. Love to hear John and Iris Dement perform together. Thanks for the link.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Dear Abby, dear Abby, you wont believe this...
My stomach makes noises whenever I kiss..

rproulx, "Dear Abby" is the one John Prine song I had to add to my collection. "Signed Noisemaker"

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I first saw John Prine back in 1976 in Galax Virginia, I've been a fan ever since then, just great simple music from a great song-weiter.
Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Whistle and Fish!

Now available in 5G !

John Prine is one of the most underrated songwriters/performers of all time. Especially because of his willingness to throw humor in along with more serious lyrics, I think too many prospective fans write him off without really giving the music a chance... my challenge to those types is to listen to any Prine album, in particular the older stuff (Bruised Orange is my personal fave!) for a solid week, and if you're not hooked for life, there is something seriously wrong with you. smile