Topic: Finger troubles

Hello Folks..  I recently have been suffering from something called Reynaud's Syndrome where the ends of my fingers turn white and tingly/numb.. once the color does come back my fingers can ache a bit.  Needless to say, this is a major problem when doing gigs..  or just playing guitar.  I am beyond bummed out about this.  I have been playing guitar for literally 40+ years and as of the past 3 years been playing gigs.  Has anyone had anything like this and if so, any advice? 
Thanks... Deb

Re: Finger troubles

I don't really have any advice, but to see a doctor, which you probably already have, but I really feel for you.  I hope you find a fix for this.  Good luck.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

thanks Pete..  yeah I saw the doc last week..  sending me for an MRI on neck.. I guess to rule out pinched nerves or something..  pressing on in the meantime..

Hi deprap,a friend of mine just went through surgery for her nerves in the area. but the doctors told her it may not work,I would see a doctor.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hello debrap. It must be quite discouraging for you. My dearest friend was disagnosed with reynauds when she was in her early 20s. She played the clairinet. Her fingers would get very cold. Do your fingers get cold also? My friend still plays, but not as much as her life has taken her in other directions. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Hey Bluejeep...  oh yeah.. my fingers get cold and turn white.. and sorta numb..  it is not a good thing.  I had a gig last week and my first finger was numb throughout the first set..  playing an F chord was very uncomfortable.. but I got around it by using a barre chord instead.. I'm going for an MRI soon so maybe there will be an answer.  Crazy to say but I'm hoping for a pinched nerve or something.. as there is no remedy for Reynauds..  I can't even imagine not being able to play the guitar..  that's just crazy talk..

Crazy talk indeed, debrap.  Gonna be a pinched nerve and they're gonna fix it and you're gonna be the next SRV.  Good luck anyway.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.