Topic: public song books on chordie

just looked through the public songbooks section and in the absolute beginer heading there are songs with "F" AND "B" ? I have been playing for about 16 months and can do an F but barely. To put songs with these chords in them in the absolute beginner section is mislabeling them to say the least

Re: public song books on chordie

Hi tommy I think it they people who post there music in the public define there books as beginners,thats why.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I'd be guilty of that..... I guess it all depends on how you learned to play. I was taught and could play barre before most open chords.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I've said something like that before but about hard to strum songs.

Depends on what F chord too. The small F is easier to play. Maybe that's what they're using.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess only practice can cure that.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

What Guitarpix said.  Some learn first with cowboy chords, and some learn first with barre chords.  If you get the "Fretboard Roadmap" series to learn, which many people do, it's all based around barre chord shapes.  I need to pull it out and use it.  I've got a lot things to do.  But anyway, that would explain why some people think a B is easier than a D.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

OH, the song could be easier if it's transposed too... I know the songbook I have on there in the beginner section has at least one song with a few difficult chords in it, but I transpose the song to make it simple chords and therefore an easy song.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Have a look at my songbook Megan's Toons - I reckon you'd be hard pressed to find an evil F in there!!