Topic: Just saying hello

A few years ago my wife bought a guitar for me for Christmas.  She purchased a Samick SW-21 NM and I love it. She had help at the music store by the salesman and it has been great. I had been acquainted with the guitar years and years ago but never became proficient at it and would like to be at some point. I've read a few threads on the forum and thought this site maybe for me. I've always loved the acoustic sound and love bottleneck blues ie: Bonnie Raitt and others. I hope to become better as the years go on and hopefully I'll play like I think I should. I know baby steps and practice, practice, practice. I hope to be able give my fair share of help along the way when I visit this site. Thanks for listening.....

Jerry

If there were no guitars, everyone would have to sing a capella.

Re: Just saying hello

Welcome to the site jerrybass,good too see another person on the forum from calif. We have afew more here. We have beginners and pro's here so I am sure you will enjoy it. We also talk about some other subjects sometimes ie: sports etc. There are alot of people here that will help you.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Welcome to chordie Jerry! We're a pretty friendly bunch around here and have all been (or are in) the same place as you as far as learning the guitar goes. Feel free to ask any question you might have and chime in on whatever subjects you'd like. Please read the sticky notes on top of several forums regarding posting rules, etc.

Jeff

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hello cool

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

Welcome Jerry!!!! Like Topdown said we have all been there. So there are no dumb questions. If you're stuck then ask away.

Seems like us Californians are few and far between on Chordie.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Jerrybass, great place to have questions answered and help others as well.

Our intuitions serve us well

Welcome to Chordie Jerry,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Welcome to Chordie Jerry... as it's been said, we've all been there or are currently there and there are no dumb questions.  I joined this site on day two or three of my attempt to learn the guitar, and everyone has been quite kind and helpful, AND I'm still here!  LOL!  We look forward to your posts!!

Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Welcome to Chordie Jerry, great people here who are always more than willing to help, just ask. I am a new player as well and many times Just reading the post will answer my questions. I feel guility at times about not comtributing much, but others have so much more to offer than my limited knowledge allows. You will enjoy this site and it will help you very much.  bob

Welcome to you jerry.  Glad you joinrd us.  We look forward to hearing from you and sharing your progress.  A great bunch of folks here.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Welcome to Chordie.  We look forward to hearing your first recording and helping you to get there. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude