Topic: Musical Affinity group - October 15

I'm hosting a musical affinity group for my church at my house.  An affinity group is nothing more than people with a common interest getting together to pursue that interest, with the hope that the people will take an interest in one another's lives and, you know, care. 

So anyway, we'll be meeting the third Saturday of each month.  The first one will be October 15 from 7:00 - 8:30 PM.  I'll have some soft drinks here, but you'll have to feed yourself before or after.  All are welcome.  You don't have to attend my church, and you don't have to be a Christian.  If you've met me face-to-face, you'll know that I speak plainly and from the heart on matters of faith.  No mumbo-jumbo.   

Other than taking a few minutes at the end to pray for and with one another, the format will be the same as a river jam campfire.  I am hoping for a wide range of ability and age. 

For those who live in my area (Northern Virginia, USA), I'd love it if you could come by on October 15 and help me to get this kicked off.  JETS60, Detman101, do you have your ears on? 

If you want to come, e-mail me and I'll send you my address. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Musical Affinity group - October 15

I WANT TO GO!  Alas... I don't think I could afford the trip, nor would my back be happy taking the drive there and back once a month (can you imagine driving all day Saturday to play for an hour and a half, then drive all night Sunday?).  Good luck with everything Zurf!!  I think it's a fantastic thing you are doing to get a bunch of folks together smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Amy -

I don't have to imagine it.  I do that much driving to fish, often without sleep. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Wish I lived close enough! This sounds like it would be lots of fun, I hope you have a good turn out.

All You Need is Love smile