Topic: I need some help.

I'm not sure where everyone is from, but I live in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
I am booked to play a benefit gig on Oct. 1, and I have a huge problem. My acoustic partner in crime flaked on the gig, and now I will have to solo, which normally is not a problem, but all of the playlist we developed and practised is for duets. Anybody living in the Detroit, MI area that would like to join me on stage?
It's at a local pub, with an audience of about 250. The playlist is a mix of old school country, folk and some odd, eclectic pop songs.
If you're interested, email me, PLEASE.
The playlist is easy stuff, and I could use the help.
Thanks all,
Randy

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Re: I need some help.

Best of luck... who knows, maybe someone will bite!  In the meantime, I'd suggest figuring out a new solo playlist just in case no one does.  Let us know how it goes!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Good luck.  I wish you well.  If I were close enough, I'd help you out on bass but don't think you'd want me on guitar.  250 is about the largest audience I've played for on bass.  12 is about the largest audience I've played for with guitar, not counting the raccoon or the 'possum.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm sure it will all work out for you no matter what although your comfort zone"
   has changed somewhat. Would help out but am in Wa. state and by coincidence
   I also am doing a benefit for a college scholarship fund on that same day in
   Vancouver, Wa., not to be confused with the much larger city in B.C.:)  Jumping
   back on bass. Our old band has been reunited after 17 years!      Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

Already redid the playlist for solo, but it's a damn shame, there were some great songs I had to drop.

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Bummer.  Old country and folk sound right up my alley, but I too am far away.  Good luck to you.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Great opportunities always come with great risk.. I used to lose drummers at the last minute all the time. Then I stopped using them entirely.  If you can't find a sub, just play what you know in the order that you want to do them.. Play the requests you know and don't try to fake the ones you don't and you'll be fine. Really... Have fun with it and invite all your friends to support you.

Now available in 5G !

I hope you find someone,mabe you can talk to the audience and see if someone out there will help you,or call some local clubs too see if they know someone who comes too open mic nights who may help.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman