Topic: Perhaps someone knows

All..  I've posted here before about some hand/finger ailments.  Seems now I have what looks like a plantar wart on the tip of my index finger.. left hand.  I CAN'T PLAY!  It is so painful.  Been to the doc.. they 'froze' it but it is still quite painful.  I has to miss a gig last night and probably tonight.. I simply cannot play.  Saw something on line called Rock Tips.. anyone ever try this?  Been playing guitar over 40 years... can't imagine being sidelined by this.  Has anyone ever had something like this..  ?  Appreciate your advice..  Deb

Re: Perhaps someone knows

I feel for you, but haven't got any suggestions.  Good luck in coming up with a solution that lets you play. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hey, bud, I feel bad for you also.  You might have to change how you play.  Use your last three fingers to chord instead of the first three.  It's not easy to change what you been doing for years, but its possible.  You just need to adapt yourself to the situation.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Open tuning may be an option. I have not tried Rock Tips.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Hey Deadstring..  that's an interesting concept.. I don't have trouble playing barre chords so that could be an option.  Never did anything with open tuning but I will look into that.. could get me thru for a while.  thanks.

I just looked up Rock Tips and it is applied much like fingernail polish but to the tip of your fingers. From the info, it was used for surgical sutures. As applied it makes a cover over the damaged callus to protect it from further damage so it can heal. This may work for debrap's situation described.

If there were no guitars, everyone would have to sing a capella.