Topic: New Friends thanks to chordie.

Finally got to jam with NELA and meet his wife and hear her sing.What a good time I had last night. Never would have happened without this site. Thanks again to the chordie founders.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Re: New Friends thanks to chordie.

Its a great thing when things like that happen.  Good for you guys.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Awesome time I'm sure. Maybe get some vids of your next get togethers.
   Sooner or later some of us out here on the west coast will do the same.

Our intuitions serve us well

Real gladyou two had a good time,and Papaguitar you think you might get too Jerome some day?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Sure would like to Dino, just a matter of lining things up. There are others out here too.
  Doug Smith is close by in Oregon. Who knows, maybe Dino can make it? smile       Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

Well, ole Deadstring' got him a good thing going with the singing & playing. Thru some folks he has met, here and yonder while playing in Blanchard, Gilliam and Benton, La. he has started a "once a month" -STRUMMING AND HUMMING" - group. Had some real good singers and players that kept the songs and friendship going all night long. Not to take anything away from the other players and singers but there was one lady playing a 12 string that could really belt out a song and another lady playing a "Hammered Dulicimer that was plumb outstanding. Looking forward to getting back to Plain Dealing, La. and doing this again. Now gotta get ready for the weekly jammin' in Blanchard. Ya'll Come.

This set up Deadstring has put together is basically thru other groups he has gotten to know just by going to where they are playing, listening and meeting folks, there. As you meet these folks and get to talking to them one of the 1st things you will be asked is "DO YOU PLAY". That's how you get to join in. I am able to play music with 2 or 3 groups in the Monroe / West Monroe, La area and now, thru DS and meeting the folks, here, I have other groups that I can play with. ANYONE, who is looking for someone to play music with can find folks such as these to play and sing with can find where these places are if they spend the time to look for them. JUST REMEMBER - these are groups that have been playing for years. Don't show up nthe 1st couple of nights with guitar in hand and expect to play. Just listen, get to know the people by complimenting them on their playing / singing. YOU WILL be asked "DO YOU PLAY" that's how you get invited to join in. Anyway - there are places out there where you can play and sing if you will put forth the effort to find them.

Nela

That is great.I would love to meet some of this family.Anyone in the worcester area?

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I remember a few years ago NELA and I kept missing one another in San Diego.  Would loved to have played a bit out there, though would have had to find a guitar somewhere.  Glad you guys were able to get together and spend some time playing.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Agreed - Chordie is just brilliant! Thanks to this site, and the wonderful hospitality of Zurf, I had the best holiday ever to the July Jam on the Shenandoah! It was just so great to meet all those lovely people, Chordians or not...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic