Topic: To the Mods

Just wanted to let you know that I'd be happy to help you guys monitor and obliterate spam and ban spammers. I'm online all day for work and I typically lurk here a few times a day. Not sure what is involved in all of that, but like I say I'd be happy to help.

-joe

Re: To the Mods

Thank you for the offer Baldguitardude.  Roger Guppy recruited me, and I get the feeling that he is somewhat of a coordinator of those activities.  I'll post a note so that Roger is sure to notice your offer. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your offer of assistance in moderating Chordie.

As Zurf has pointed out, Per (the site owner) has, in recent times, asked me to recruit victims for the post of Moderator smile. However there are no vacancies at present, and I do have a couple of people who have asked before you, but I will keep your name in mind and, when something is available, I will be in touch.

Thank you again,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

There is a report option at the bottom of each post. When I see something suspect i click it. Am I doing right?
Hurray for baldguitardude. It's better to have an excess of willing folks than not enough. A good day to all.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Absolutely Deadstring!  You click on report, enter in why you're reporting it like "spam" or "questionable post" or what not... and then click on the submit button.  Most of the mods have reports sent to their email so we know when something's up, as well, when we get here we are notified so we can handle the spam if it's in our section. 

We seem to go through phases where there will be a bunch of spam for a week, and then nothing for a while.  The members have been doing a great job helping us out by reporting things lately.  So special thanks to all of you!  I know that it's hard for you to know if we receive it, because you don't really get feedback from your reports... but I promise we do see them and it DOES help!!  smile

And I agree... it's better to have tons of people wanting to help than not enough!  Thanks BGD!  It's great to know you'll be there when we need you!

Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.