Topic: Just a theory

Just a presumption on my part but at this point I can only assume that 4G is the same thing as Flexfuel. I've never seen, or experienced either item and I've been to a lot of places recently.  But, I have never seen Flexfuel for sale nor has my "4G" phone ever operated in that mode.  Maybe Bigfoot is the same thing as 4G?  I don't know.  I just wish that they'd stop advertising for things that don't exist.  I might change my login name to 5G just to up the ante...

Now available in 5G !

Re: Just a theory

I couldn't agree more. We have TV advertising for toothpastes with magical new chemicals, make up and shampoo with newly discovered formulas and chemicals. My personal favourite Colgate Toothpaste and their "Pro Argin Formula", the way it's advertised the guy seems to be making out that this is new thing just breaking cover that will change the World.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Ha ha!  Tandm, don't give up on it just yet.  I think within two years (about the time most people's cell contract is up) 4G will be going strong.  I do think they are pushing these phones out faster than they are getting the service up and running... but hey, you're cutting edge!  You'll be ready before a lot of people.  I don't get a new one for a couple more months.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Well I bought the iphone 4 and have yet to see it go into into "4g" mode even whwn i made a trip to houston, which supposedly has 4g. Beats me!

All You Need is Love smile

The I phone 4 is a 3g phone, the 4 indictes 4th generation not 4g. My phone is in 4g right now so I can say that it does exist and is not as elusive as bigfoot.

I do not have a cell phone. I do belive that one of these days they will finaly get to the one that will do all and that will be the end of it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Southrn, Where you at?  Jacksonville and Atlanta advertise their 4G status.. Nada...The Sprint htc Evo can't find it. I think i smell a sweaty sasquatch..

Now available in 5G !

North metro atlanta with tmobile

tandm3 wrote:

Just a presumption on my part but at this point I can only assume that 4G is the same thing as Flexfuel. I've never seen, or experienced either item and I've been to a lot of places recently.  But, I have never seen Flexfuel for sale nor has my "4G" phone ever operated in that mode.  Maybe Bigfoot is the same thing as 4G?  I don't know.  I just wish that they'd stop advertising for things that don't exist.  I might change my login name to 5G just to up the ante...

"They" will do anything to get you to buy. Anyone wonder why phones, computers, cars, etc...must undergo constant changes? Does 4G make you talk better over the phone? Does that PC game have to have the best vid card out there to work?....Just so you can see more trash on the virtual ground or more leaves on those virtual trees? Used to be that to Call of Duty required you to be able to see your virtual enemies and shoot the crap out of them. The game has required stronger and stronger computers one still cannot do anything better than defeat ones virtual enemies with a gun, knife or nade. The greater GFX processing power is needed to be able to see the fleas on the dogs that go running by.

Why is it that my '05 Honda Civic, which is now paid off, is not as good as this years Honda Civic? The engine is the same and the HP is the same. Mine is older but still gets better mileage than this years ( 40 mpg to 38 mpg). I guess I could get one with the 14,000K Gig computer that tells someone where I am and tracks my driving habits (How is that good?), and can tell me where to go...But then why did I get my 4G phone and Ipad with the navigation apps? I guess I could use those while I walk in my $200 Nike Air Pillow Walkers with the lumbar support and the blinking red lights or while riding my GT mountain bike with 25" of travel on the front and 15" of travel on the back in Joshua Tree's Wonderland of Rocks...

Am I the only 45 year old out there that is tired of being told my newest is not good enough just two weeks later? I'm not a Luddite, I love technology, but does it have to change so quickly? How about we make what we have better before we go on to the next thing?

Sorry....Getting off the soapbox.