Topic: Wooo! We're finally on YouTube!

Hey all!
We're Idle Dreams, a 5 piece Rock band from Melbourne, Australia!

We finally posted an acoustic version of one of our songs on YouTube, have a look:
youtube.com/idledreamsmusic

Or check us out on Facebook!
facebook.com/idledreams

Our EP is nearly done, just go to the sites for more details,
Cheers!

Re: Wooo! We're finally on YouTube!

Hold your horses folks, we've added another clip!
Check it out!
Cheers.

3 (edited by beamer 2011-11-11 00:48:47)

It looks promising. 

May I make a suggestion on future vids?  Get right to the song, you can make a seperate introductions vidieo.  make sure your warmed up and praticed, I noticed a few hesiations in the filming.
Singer needs to have a microphone and needs to SING OUT.  I went to a Jewel show and there were 2 female acts b4 her.  I had to strain to hear them.  They acted like they were afarid to get close to the microphone. I actually fell asleep through half of the show.  A ballad can be sung quietly but with power.

Maybe you guys could find  a cool looking pub or even a basement/ or a den / room -  to shoot your next song.  The acoustics of your pratice garage take away from the song.  You guys look a little bored also.  Stand up. Get some emotion showing.

Im no pro. But if you look at this from a quality standpoint (Im a quality inspector btw) I think people are going to give you a 2.5 second chance and look to the next new vid. 

You Tube has a lot of compititon these days.  If this is a vidieo for fun, friends and family, Its great.  If your promoting yourself,, get creative.

hope this helps.  Keep pushing!  I may not be the best musician but I have some experieance with people and their reactions to music.

Peace Love and Chicken Fried Stake!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Nice work.  Beamer's right tho.  If you want to improve it, camera needs to zoom in on singer occasionally and she needs a mic.  The supporting cast needs some attention too, yes, but focus on the lyrics at least part of the time.  Also, singer needs to look right into the camera and mean what she's saying.  Appears to be singing to herself.  Again nice work, but if your posting for comment these comments are meant to give positive feedback.  Keep up the good work as music is a gift to others.  Thanks for sharing it.

I liked your songs, but you would do much better with a mic.  Don't take these suggestions to heart or feel bad, just take them as good constructive criticism. You are doing great.  Good luck.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hey thanks a lot dudes. Appreciate the comments heaps. Yeah it wasn't our best effort. We were really nervous beforehand and I think it showed!!
We'll be adding more vids fairly soon but thanks again for your comments!
Cheers.

For what it's worth, I don't agree with the "mic the singer" comments. If you guys are going to be doing a lot of unplugged shows you will want to be able to balance your sound acoustically. This way you can jam in parks, around camp fires, etc.

You might try a couple of things - 1. put her closer to the camera than you. 2. turn your sound hole away from the direction of the mic ever so slightly. 3. Pick lighter. These will all quiet you down and/or make her louder (or give the impression of her being louder).

Oh and dudes, we have added a cover for Noel Gallagher's song, "If I had a gun". Check it out, and see if you like it better than the others.
Cheers!

Much better!

I see you have taken some of the advise from the post. It shows.  Very good Job!!

By Holly sitting closer she is much more audible.  How soft a pick is Shane using?    To make the guitar softer, try lighter pics or even a rubber one. really nice sound that way.

Holly, please dont hide in the shadows, a tad more soft light slightly fwd and overhead will accent but not wash out.

I gave you a thumbs up on your vid.

Rock on!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Thanx Beamer!
Cheers!